Fun Day Layout

Hi!

How are you? I'm trying to catch up with the Sketches for 6" x 6" Pads by Allison Davis for Scrapbook Generation. Today I'm here to share with you my version of sketch 2. The class is about creating double spread layouts using 6" x 6" paper pads, and I'm trying to do that using 6" x 6" or 6" x 8" paper pads I have in my stash. For this layout, I used a pad from Bella Blvd Secrets of the Sea collection.

This is the left side layout. 


Now the right side layout. I love how she designed the pages to use the complete sheet of 6" x 6" paper and lots of photos to document those special memories.


The papers I used are from a 6" x 8" pad by Bella Blvd Secrets of the Sea collection. They are so cute and colorful, perfect for those treasured memories of us and my nephew at Aquatica in May 2018.


I made a few changes to the sketch, to adapt it to the photos I wanted to use and the theme. To embellish the layout, I used puffy stickers and die cuts from the same Bella Blvd collection, and a few puffy stickers from an old K&Co stickers I've had for a very long time. I'm happy to have finally used them!


You can see in the next picture the die cuts and puffy stickers. They look amazing together and add texture, interest, and dimension to the layout without making it bulky.


A few details were added to the journaling area and around the page, especially near the title, to balance the page and enhance everything it.


To maintain the water theme, I cut seaweeds using a Miss Kate Cuttables file in my Silhouette Cameo. I cut them in three different sizes and colors of green, and I love how they look in the layout. They add a lot of interest and movement to the layout, and makes it so pretty!


I'm in love with those seaweeds. They look amazing, don't you think?


For the title, I used Thickers Colorful. They are the perfect color for this page, to maintain the balance and because they are puffy and shinny, they keep the theme in the pages. A few Nuvo Drops Morning Dew were added around the page to mimic water drops, they add a special details and complete the layout.


What do you think? Hopefully, you like this layout and it inspires you to craft! Thanks for your visit, I'll be back soon!





No comments