Sisters and Friends Layout

Hello! Hope you are having a wonderful day! I'm very happy to share with you a new layout I designed for JustNick Studio using their Mandalla Heart 3 cut file. It is a gorgeous and detailed design that makes any project stand out. Visit JustNick to check all the amazing designs they have in their store and don't miss the Closure Sale with 50% discount they have until February 14.

I made this layout for my daughters, who were modeling their new handmade earrings. While taking photos of them, I captured this one and I loved it! I knew I would scrapbook this photo sometime and that time came now with this gorgeous mandala cut file that can be used as a frame. The papers and embellishments used are from Spring Vibes collection by Pinkfresh Studio.

I cut the design using a speed of 2, a blade depth of 30, and a force of 4. Also, I used a new cutting mat and blade to ensure a clean cut. After cutting it in white cardstock, I printed a 5" x 5" photo and used the central heart as a stencil to cut the photo slightly larger, then glued it to the frame. I changed the photo to black and white because the colors in it didn't match the colors of the collection and by changing it, I was able to use this photo and help it stand out in the page.

To embellish the cut file, I used pink glitter dots from Pinkfresh Studio. This is a small detail that enhances this beautiful design!


Since this is a big heart with lots of details, the layout didn't need much more, this is why I kept it simple. For the background I used a patterned paper from the collection. To embellish the page, I fussy cut a few flowers from the floral pack of the collection.

 
In the floral cluster you can appreciate different layers and dimension. I did this by adding foam tape behind some of the flowers.


The title was made using puffy alphas from Spring Vibe collection.


For an additional detail in the layout, I made white splatters using acrylic paint diluted in water and a paint brush.


In the upper corner, I made another cluster by adding a banner, fussy cut flowers, and a label. In this photo you can also appreciate the splatters and patterned paper strips used in the upper and lower edges of the layout.


This is all for this layout. I love how pretty it turned out. The cut file is so gorgeous, the layout looks elegant. Thanks for your visit, I hope you like this layout as much as I do, and it inspires you to craft!


No comments