Totally Rad Layout

Hi! This colorful and happy layout I'm sharing today, was created with the Totally 80’s collection by Simple Stories. Last year, I attended the Get Creative Retreat, and it was amazing! I had such a wonderful time, and since the theme was the ’80s, this collection was perfect for documenting those memories. For this page, I chose three photos: one of me at the classroom entrance and two with Amber and Kevin, the owners of Simple Stories.

Since I wanted to create a fun and playful page, I printed the photos in different sizes and positioned the smallest at an angle. For the background, I chose the colorful diagonal stripe paper. Isn’t it gorgeous? I love all the colors and the sense of movement it creates! On top of it, I added a Dandelion Color Vibe paper and a white cardstock.



To create an anchored arrangement for the photos, I used two patterned papers from the collection. The mint paper with the lightning bolt design is larger and is positioned on the right side of the page. The smaller, light mint paper with the colorful symbols is placed on the left to support the title. At the bottom of the lightning bolt paper, I added a strip of the vertical stripe paper, notching the left edge to create a fun banner look.


To help the photos stand out on the page, I matted them with Pink Color Vibe cardstock and patterned papers. For the large photo, I used the black paper with colorful ’80s symbols, while the smaller photos were matted with the black-and-white checkerboard paper. Once the photos were in place, I added the title pieces.

Above the smaller photos, I used a yellow sticker border along with the “Totally!” foam sticker.


Below the largest photo, I added the other part of the title using the “RAD” foam sticker. Once the main elements of the page were in place, I started embellishing. From the cardstock stickers, I used the tabs, phrases, fuchsia and teal stars, and sunglasses. The “Aqua Set” spray and the symbols below “RAD” are from the die-cut pieces. The light mint and pink stars, the heart with the arrow, and the symbols above “Totally!” are from the Foam Stickers.


To finish the layout, I added decorative brads and enamel dots. I love adding these small details to my cluster areas because they always bring that extra special touch to my projects.  


Thank you so much for visiting the blog! I hope you like this layout and that it inspires you to craft and document your memories. Have a wonderful day and come back soon for more inspiration!






No comments