Magical Day Layout



Hi!
Today I’m sharing a Harry Potter's layout I made for my daughter. I already made her a mini album that I shared before (you can see it here), about this experience but since I still got some printed pictures and papers, I decided to make this page.  During her 13th birthday we went on vacation to Orlando, Florida.  It was a trip decided at last moment with the idea of surprising her with a visit to Universal Studios so she could enjoy the Harry Potter area because she loves it.  In the summer of 2016, she started reading the books, since that moment she has read all of them like three times and she is always looking for some Harry Potter info on the internet.  We knew that taking her there would be a great surprise and it was.  We gave her the two days tickets to Universal once we were in Florida, she was thrilled!


Here are the individual layouts.  First the left side:


and now the right side:


To create this layout, I used the papers and die cuts from Photoplay Wizard World Collection and a Page Maps sketch for inspiration, it that was made for a 12" x 12" layout so I created a second page to use more photos. If you like Harry Potter you need to have these papers, they are glossy, high quality and the colors are amazing, I bought two packs of everything from this collection.






Some of the embellishments were fuzzy cut from the papers.  And instead of using a border as in the sketch, I tore the paper edge for more texture. The journaling area was created with an old rub-on I had in my stash from Autumn Leaves Foof-a-la, sadly this company no longer exist, and added it into white cardstock, then fuzzy cut it. 
Finally, I added some paint splatters using some Shimmerz in coal and an old gold pigment paint I had but I don't have any information because it is without label.

Thanks for your visit, hope to see you soon and to inspire you to create!

No comments