First Day of School Layout

Hi!

Do you know about the wonderful Scrapbook and Card Today Magazine? If not, you need to check it. They have free digital access to the magazine, or you can subscribe to receive the printed version and let me say, this magazine is amazing. It is always full of beautiful projects, articles, and ideas. In the last Fall 2022 issue I was honored to have two layouts published in the magazine, so today I'm sharing the first one.

This layout was featured on page 29 in the Page Maps section. I used the sketch as inspiration for this page but made a few changes to make it work for my photo, since my daughter was sitting on the right side. Because of that, I flipped the design.

To create this beautiful page, I used Miss Kate Designs Grade School double sided paper pack and School Days die cuts. The only thing that is not from Miss Kate Designs is the circle label "You Got This" which is from Elle's Studio.


To add dimension to this layout, I used foam tape behind some of the embellishments to create layers in the page and I made a few clusters for interest. I matted this layout on a patterned paper frame and stitched around the border to give it a nice, finished look.


The journaling was printed in on a die cut. I scanned it and then added the text digitally before printing. Then, I used a border punch to give it more texture and makes it look similar to a notebook paper.


For the title, instead of using a circle, I made a little cluster of die cuts.


Here is a closer view of the layout.


That's all for this cute school page. Thanks for your visit and for staying with me during this post. I hope you like and enjoy this page as much as I do, and it inspires you to craft! 

No comments