So Much Happy Layout

 Hi!

Hope you are having a wonderful day! It's time for a new layout designed for JustNick Studio so here is "So Much Happy". To create this page, I used the Leaf Background 4 cut file and products from Vicki Boutin. Stay with me during this post to see detailed photos of the page and learn how I made it. 

For this layout, I was inspired by this beautiful cut file. I cut it in white textured cardstock from American Crafts using the Silhouette Cameo. The trick to cut this type of intricate cut files is to use a slow speed on the machine. The settings I always use for textured cardstock are: Blade Depth 4, Force 30, and Speed 2. Then, I used two green papers from Fernwood by Vicki Boutin to back the leaves. Once the cut file was ready, I added foam tape behind the leaves and added it with liquid adhesive to a white cardstock. Looking for more impact on the page, I decided to add a 3/4" frame made with another paper from Fernwood and added it using foam tape. 

Since this is a busy layout with the big cut file, I used only one photo to help it stand out. I matted it with two papers from the collection. One is peach and the other is a dark blue/green which I cut a bit larger to leave space for the title. The letters of the title are from a Thickers set that I believe were release about two years ago with a Jen Hadfield collection. 


To embellish the layout, I created a floral cluster in the corner of the photo. If I don't remember incorrectly, the flowers are from Wildflower collection by Vicki Boutin too. I used foam tape behind some of them to create layers. Then, I fussy cut butterflies from the vellum paper of Fernwood and added them around the layout, creating a visual triangle in the page and leaving an empty space in the bottom left area. For the butterflies, I used liquid adhesive in the center and a piece of foam tape in the wings. Before adding them, I folded the wings a little bit to add dimension to the page and make them look more realistic.


Then, using black acrylic paint diluted in water, I added paint splatters around the page.


I also used some gold chipboard dots I found in one of Vicki's Thickers sets and added them around the page. The other gold dots were cut from the vellum paper and added with liquid adhesive.


A few stickers were added to the layout in the photo area like the phrase, tab, hearts, and vines. That's all for this layout, I hope you like it and it inspires you to craft!


Thanks for your visit!


No comments