Lucky Layout

Hello!

Hope you are having a great day! I'm very happy to share with you my first ever layout documenting a St. Patrick's Day. We don't celebrate this day, but this year, my daughter had a casual day at school to celebrate St. Patrick's Day and of course she joined the celebration and I grab my camera to took her some photos. You know, we scrapbookers celebrate almost everything to have the perfect excuse to scrapbook some memories using beautiful products like the Simple Stories St. Patrick's Day Simple Set I'm using for this page.

Since I love adding patterned papers to my projects and this is a small kit with six designs available, I wanted to use as many of them as possible in this page. Also, to add some neutral colors to balance the page, I added Flamingo and Blush Color Vibe cardstocks. 


With three photos in this layout, I decided to used the floral patterned paper as a frame around the page, since this is a busy design and I don't want it to compete with the sweet photos of my girl. Then, in the central area I used the more subtle designs to help the photos stand out without loosing the opportunity of showcasing them in the project.


For another texture and to give the layout a more elegant finish, I stitched a border around the white cardstock and the teal paper. 


To embellish the layout, I used the stickers from the kit. I created three clusters around the page, using all the colors and adding small pieces of black to balance the layout because she was wearing a black shirt.


I used foam tape behind the stickers to give them dimension and make the layout more interesting.



Let's check the process video of this layout to see how I create it.


This was a fun and quick layout that I enjoy creating. From now on, I think I will be celebrating St. Patrick's, or at least dressing for the ocassion to have some nice photos to scrapbook!  


Thank you so much for your visit, I hope you enjoy and like this layout and it inspires you to craft. Please, come back soon for more inspiration. 



No comments