Time To Go! Layout

Hello! Going on vacation is always exciting for us. You can see in the photos how happy my daughters were going to Universal Studios to celebrate the high school graduation and birthday of the older one.  I took those photos when they were in the airplane, getting ready for take-off and I wanted to use them with the new Pack Your Bags collection by Simple Stories which is gorgeous, and the colors are incredible. 

When I saw the airplane paper in this collection, I knew it must be part of this layout. Since I'm a patterned paper lover, I can't leave the paper in one piece, so I tear it and added a navy polka dot paper under it to create contrast, and the base for this layout. Then, to enhance the photos, I used a chipboard frame from the collection and used three different 6" x 8" papers to add more colors, patterns and layers in my page.


For texture and interest, I distressed the edges of the papers a little bit and mixed different contrasting colors and designs while adding the layers of paper.


Take a look at the beautiful chipboard frame. They are a great addition to the projects, since they are already embellished, making the creative process faster. 


With all the patterns, colors and textures from the papers and the chipboard frame, the layout was already busy and the space for decorations was limited. This is why, I only created a little cluster on the right corner of the frame. Since the frame already had a passport, a camera and flowers, I used them to anchor the other items. I mixed different products to create the cluster like chipboard stickers, decorative brads, die cuts, rub-ons and foam stickers, everything from Pack Your Bags collection.


To help the title pop in the page, I used two tags that I cut from the paper. Something so simple as adding contrasting colors makes a huge difference. Then, I embellished the tags with twine and added a few decorative brads, foam stickers and enamel dots around the area.


If you want to watch me creating this fun layout, check the process video:


At the end, I cut the layout to 11 1/2" x 11 1/2", mat it on an Indigo Color Vibe cardstock and stitched a white border around it. I love adding a contrasting frame around my layout, for me it makes the page look prettier and with a better finish.


Thank you so much for your visit. I hope you like and enjoy this layout and it inspires you to craft. Come back soon for more inspiration!



No comments