All Smiles Layout with Process Video

Hi!

Welcome to my blog, hope you are having an excellent day! Today I'm sharing a layout I made using My Creative Scrapbook March Main Kit featuring Maggie Holmes Market Square collection. It's a layout with many techniques. You can find a mixed media background, stamping and heat embossing in the leaves, and fuzzy cutting. Also, I used one of the many exclusive cut files My Creative Scrapbook offers their subscribers. Stay with me to learn all the details of this layout and don't forget to watch the video at the end of this post to learn how I made the leaves.


I started this layout by preparing the background cardstock with clear gesso and letting it dry. 

Then, I added blue paint using Shimmerz Ride the Tide. To add texture, I used a TCW stencil and Shimmerz Dazzlerz Puttin' On the Glitz in ramdom areas around the diagonal line of photos.


When the background was ready and dry, I added the torn patterned papers to the right and the cut files backed with the photos. I cut the same design three times, used two of them without any alteration but the third one was separated to use only the small circle frame without any leaves.


For the title, I used one of the die cuts from the kit and a die cut arrow.


This is a busy layout with five photos, mixed media background and floral cut files. Since I wanted to maintain the photos as the focus of attention, I decided to add a few flowers around the photos and embellish them with leaves.


I used the stamp set included in the kit to create the leaves using gold glitter embossing powder. At first I made some of leaves in black but I didn't like how they look, so I removed them and replaced them with gold ones. With these changes I liked the layout more because for me the black was too overwheming and took up all the viewer’s attention. The gold leaves make the photos stand out and be the focus of attention.
 
The flowers are all from the kit, some are in chipboard and others are die cuts. I forgot to mention, I added gold splatters to the layout using Shimmer'z Miner, Miner 49er. To finish the layout, I machine stitched a border around the page using gold thread.


Here is the process video:


Thanks for staying with me. I hope you like and enjoy this layout and it inspires you to craft! 

No comments