Joy Together Layout with Process Video

Hi and welcome!

Has it happened to you that you see a new collection and you like it so much that you purchase almost everything from it, but then, for some reason you couldn't use it and put it in your stash to someday use it? Well, this is what happened to me in 2021 when I saw Simple Vintage Cottage Fields collection by Simple Stories for the first time. I fell in love with this collection since they announced it, so I bought almost the whole collection. Sadly, with all the things happening and the craziness of being a mom, I only used it for one or two layouts and moved it to my stash to use it later. Then, suddenly, Simple Stories announced they'll be releasing the collection again this year, so I went for mine and put it on my desk to have it on hand and use it as much as I can in the next months because it is too pretty to be unused. It's a simple to make layout, but I love how it looks and if you want to see the process video, stay with me and find it at the end of this post.

I started this layout by choosing the base paper from the coordinating solids of the collection. It is a pink tone and has some watercolor/mixed media details. As I mention, I want to use this collection, so I challenged myself to not use a white cardstock as base. Using the pink was a change, and looks amazing. I'm glad I did it! 


I added a few pieces of patterned papers and punched two borders, one in white cardstock and one in blue from the solids. 


For the photos, I used the chipboard frames from the collection making it easy since they are embellished and the shadows give them a look of dimension and texture.


In the next photo you can see how pretty are the frames and all the printed details they have. Aren't they gorgeous?


In the left corner of the layout I added a piece of fussy cut patterned paper. I love how pretty it looks, and all the details this single piece has like the stitching, the butterfly, flowers, and the doily. Something you couldn't see in the process video was me adding the black splatters using acrylic paint diluted in water. I don't know why it was not recorded, sorry for that!


For the title, I used a piece of die cut and the word "Joy" from the 12" x 12" sticker sheet. Then, I added a chipboard heart and a small butterfly from the sticker book. Since the butterflies in the sticker book are in washi material, I added them to cardstock and then fuzzy cut them to use in the layout. On top of the butterflies I added tiny pearls. The last thing was adding the journaling, which I printed in white cardstock and cut in thin strips.


If you want to see the process video, it is here:


Thanks for your visit! I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do and it inspires you to craft!


No comments