Love Animal Kingdom Layout with Process Video

 Hi!

This month I was invited to guest design for Cut To You and I asked Gwen, the designer and owner if I can do "Magical Moments" layouts and she agreed. I was so happy and totally inspired! As you may know, I love everything about this magical place and have tons of photos from all the vacation trips we have done there, and with all the beautiful cut files she has in the store, I had my head full of ideas making it hard for me to choose which cut files to use, since they are so versatile and can be adapted easily. After a lot of thought, let's share my first layout. This time, I'm using the Banner of Love cut file and you can find the process video of this layout at the end of this post.

I started this page by backing the cut file with a photo in the heart area and patterned papers from Echo Park Animal Safari in the letters and banner area. In the banner, I made a shaker using sequins and beads from my stash. I just selected a few colors and created my own mix. I love shakers and how they turn a layout into a happy and fun project.


Here you can take a closer look into the shaker.


After that, I started working with the background paper by adding the grass and brown dots to the kraft cardstock. For the grass, I used a stencil from Hero Arts and art crayons by Jane Devenport. For the dots, I used a stencil by Vicki Boutin and some of her art crayons.  Once the background was ready, I added the cut file using foam tape and finished it with foam alphas from Paige Evans to create the words "Animal Kingdom".


Since this is a big and busy cut file with the shaker, I just added a few more embellishment. In the middle of the banner, I added a chipboard elephant from an old Bo Bunny collection called Zootopia.


From the same Bo Bunny collection, I used three die cut animals that are huge but worked perfectly in this layout.


In this photo, you can see the third animal and a directions sign that I fussy cut from a card in the die cut pack.


On the top area of the layout, I added a another label from the die cut pack.


At the end, I stitched a border around the layout using brown thread.


If you want to see me creating this layout, take a look into the video here:


Thanks for your visit and for staying with me during this post. I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do and it inspires you to craft. Don't forget to like the video and subscribe to my channel for more inspiration!



No comments