World Traveler Layout with Process Video

 Hi!

Hope you are having a wonderful day in your part of the world! Today I'm sharing my third and last layout as May guest designer for Cut To You. This is a fun and happy layout to document our visit to Epcot and I love how this layout turned out with the cut file and the mixed media. If you want to see me creating this page, don't miss the process video at the end of the post.

For this layout, I used the World Traveler title cut file and product from the Photoplay Paper "A Day at the Park" and "Another Day at the Park".


Off camera, I prepared the white cardstock with clear gesso and, when it was dry, I added Distress Oxide in Hickory Smoke. After that, I used two stencils by Paige Evans to add a visual texture to the paint using the same ink and the stars using a silver paste by Lawn Fawn.


After the background was ready, I added the "World Traveler" cut file backed with patterned papers from Photoplay and the silver paper from Bazzill Basics. I used foam tape to add it to the layout. On the top and bottom of the layout, I added a piece of red and white paper using tape only on the border that it connect with the white cardstock. Then, carefully I tore the edge of the white cardstock to reveal the patterned paper.


I printed the photo in 4" x 6" and reduced it a little, then matted it in white cardstock and used red and yellow papers from the collections to give the color scheme continuity and balance the page. For the journaling, I printed it in white cardstock and cut it into thin strips that I added to the layout using liquid adhesive.


Now that the layout is almost done, I added a few extra embellishments like the mouse head that is on the right side of the photo. I fussy cut it from one of the cards in the collection. Also, I used a flair button from Queen & Co. and two phrases stickers on the photo area. 


The last touch were the stars clusters. I used two paper punches to cut them out of the papers and glue some of them with foam tape and others with liquid adhesive to give interest and dimension on those areas. Below you can see the cluster in the photo area.


Here is the cluster on the left side of the title.


This is the other cluster, on the right side of the title. There are three clusters to create a visual triangle that balances the layout and helps the viewer move around the page.


That is all for this layout. You can now watch me creating it here:


Thank you so much for your visit and for staying with me during this post. I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do. If this is the case, don't forget to like the video and subscribe to my channel for more inspiration. It was a pleasure to be a guest designer for Cut To You during this month, I want to express my gratitude to Gwen and I hope you enjoy my designs.


No comments