My Happy Place Layout with Process Video

Hi!

Hope you are having a wonderful day! I'm back at the blog with my second "Magical Moment" project as a guest designer for Cut To You. This time I'm using the "My Happy Place" title to create this beautiful page of me and my daughter wearing gold pink ears. For this layout I used some techniques, and you can see me doing them in the process video at the end of this post. Don't miss it, I'm sure you are going to enjoy it!


For this layout, I mixed a few Say Cheese collections by Simple Stories, especially for the embellishing part, because the papers are from Say Cheese Main Street collection. I've been collecting them for years and since they coordinate perfectly I took all them out to create this page. I started this layout by cutting a frame out of the blue floral paper. Then, I punched four strips of black cardstock using a scallop edge border by Stampin' Up. I added the borders behind the blue frame, then used foam tape to add the frame to the pink paper.


Take a closer look here to the scallop border and the pink background paper.


The title cut file was cut in white cardstock, then backed with papers from the Main Street collection, but I wanted to alter it a bit and stitched on top of the "happy" word using a back stitch and white embroidery thread. When finished, I added it to the layout using foam tape.


This is a closer look at the stitched area of the cut file.


With the frame and the cut file I had most of the page covered, which is why I used the cut file on the left side of the page to leave space for the photo. To help the photo stand out, I matted it in white cardstock and yellow patterned paper and embellished with a phrase label and a flat brad.


On the left area of the photo, I added a wood veneer with a heart and a blue tab with a sticker on top.


On the title area I wanted to add something that says Magic Kingdom since the photo was taken there. This is why I added the castle on top of it.

For the journaling, I used a pre-made stitched tag that I altered with a bow made out of white thread and a foam heart. Then, I printed the journaling in white cardstock and cut it into thin strips that I added on top of the tag using liquid adhesive,


This is all for this layout in photos, but you can see me creating this beautiful page here:


Thanks for your visit and for staying with me during this post. I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do and it inspires you to craft. If this is the case, don't forget to like the video and subscribe to my channel for more inspiration!

No comments