Happy Day Layout

 Hi!

Hope you are having a wonderful day! I'm very happy to share with you my first design for JustNick Studio. In this layout, I used the Blossoms cut file which will be available for purchase in two more days (June 4). Also, I'm using Cocoa Vanilla Sunkissed patterned papers and embellishments that work perfectly for a Summer and happy layout. Stay with me during this post to learn how I made this page and don't miss the process video at the end!


Before starting with the page, I cut the "Blossom" design using my Silhouette Cameo and white American Crafts textured cardstock. The settings I used are: Blade 4, Thickness 29-30 and Speed 2. The best tip I can give you is to cut slowly when you have thin and intricate designs. Once the design was cut, I backed it using Cocoa Vanilla Sunkissed papers, most of them from the 6" x 8" pad.

In the center of the flower I used different colors to help them look prettier and more interesting.



Now, time for the background. I used Distress Oxide Salvage Patina diluted in water and a piece of transparency for the kissing technique, to apply the paint to the white cardstock. Then, I used a stencil and Distress Oxide Peacock Feather to create the circles design. Using the same ink, I added paint splatters and, for more impact, I add splatters in gold using Shimmerz Miner, Miner 49er and black acrylic paint diluted in water.


Now that the background is ready, let's add more patterned paper and embellishments. I used three pieces of paper in different colors and designs. I tore the edges and distressed them. For the photos, I used a yellow patterned paper to create a mat. This makes the photos pop and stand out in the layout.


On the top part of the layout, I added two strips of paper and used the mini stapler for more texture and details. Then, I embellished with a banner and puffy flower. In the photo I added a phrase sticker and a puffy cloud.


In the next photo you can see some of the embellishments I used in this page. I love adding texture to my pages. In this one, I used wood buttons, clear stickers, die cuts, foam, and puffy stickers. 


Here is a closer look at the flowers and background. The blossom cut file was added with foam tape to the layout.


For the title, I used the foam titles from the collection. They look amazing with the patterned papers and the glitter and gold tone are gorgeous!

If you don't know, I love to fussy cut, and those tiny blue flowers were cut from the floral paper in the collection. I know it's a little tedious to cut very small things, but I love how they look in the designs!


The journaling was printed in white cardstock and added to the layout in thin strips.


Here are more photos to appreciate all the textures and layers in this layout.



That's all for this layout. You can watch the process video of how I made it here:


Thanks for your visit. I hope you like this layout as much as I do and it inspires you to craft!



No comments