Today Was Fun Layout with Process Video

 Hi!

Hope you are having a wonderful day! Here in Puerto Rico it is very hot, so what better than scrapbook a beach photo while remembering those memories? Today, I'm sharing with you a layout I designed for JustNick Studio using two of their newest cut files and a photo of my husband and daughters having fun at the beach. While doing the layout, I recorded the process and you can see it at the end of this post. 

This is a busy layout with movement and lots of textures and colors, this is why it is a one photo layout and I maintained the embellishments to the minimum. The collection of papers used is Sweet Rush by Vicki Boutin and the cut files are Make Waves 2 and Here Fishie from JustNick Studio. These cuts files are full of details and to cut them, you need a blade in good condition and a new or barely used cutting mat. Then, adjust the settings of the cutting machine to the paper you are using (for cardstock I use thickness of 30 and for patterned paper I use 23), the depth of the blade to 4 and the speed to 1. 

I started this layout by covering a white cardstock with clear gesso and letting it dry. Then, using a fish stencil by Paige Evans and white molding paste, I made four fish clusters around the page in areas where they can be seen. 



After that, I used Ocean Color Shine by Heidi Swapp to add a blue tone to the bottom area of the layout. Once it was dry, I added paint splatters with the same paint.
When the background was ready, I brought the fishes. I cut them in different sizes and directions by flipping them in the cutting software and backed them using papers from Sweet Rush.
When cutting the Make Waves 2 cut file, I used a patterned paper from Sweet Rush and the cutting mat was a little old so it damaged an area of the design. I removed that area since it was going to be covered by the photo and used the cut file. I was not going to throw it away. 

To add the Make Waves 2 cut file, you need to use a strong liquid adhesive, it is going to take some time to adhere because of the mixed media, but it is going to hold, just be patient. To make the photo stand out, I matted it using a the same yellow paper from the background and a piece of fuchsia polka dot paper. 
After playing with the fishes' position, I used foam tape to adhere them to the layout and added a few Nuvo Drops in Crystal. Off camera, I added gold circles from one of Vicki Boutin's collections, I think they are from Color Study cardstock pack.
Here you can see the process video of this fun layout!


Thanks for your visit, I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do, and it inspires you to create. If this is the case, don't forget to like the video and subscribe to my channel for more inspiration!


No comments