Be Happy Layout

Hello! What is your favorite scrapbook product? Mine is patterned paper, and with this layout you can easily guess it. It was hard for me to choose three or four papers to create a layout with the new Boho Sunshine collection by Simple Stories because it is gorgeous! The designs are very happy and fun, and it is so colorful that it screams Summer and happy moments. I love every piece of this collection and when making this layout I couldn't choose which products to use but, in the end, I created a beautiful layout that makes me happy! Now, let's talk about how I made this page, and you can watch the process video at the end. 

After checking the collection's colors and designs, I chose two photos of my daughter to work with. She is always very happy, fun and loves all colors, which makes her the perfect match for Boho Sunshine. Then, I chose the wood frame to have a neutral color in the page to separate the photos from the patterned papers and help them stand out in the layout. Using a red dotted paper from the 6" x 8" pad, I matted the frame to enhance it a little more. 


When I started this layout, I had the idea of placing the strip of paper on the top, a border, and the photos below, but then I changed my mind and added all the strips of different papers and rolled their bottom end for texture and dimension. You can see in the process video how I rolled them using a thin wood stick.


Since the frame is already embellished, I added only a few embellishments to the layout like die cuts, chipboards, foam stickers, brads, and enamel dots. 

For the title I used one of the foam stickers from the collection and created a little cluster around it. The little butterflies were fuzzy cut from one of the papers. The journaling was printed in a die cut card, then, I used a paper punch on the edge to give it the look of a notebook paper.


I like to add dimension to my pages, but I don't like to make the bulky because I have limited space for storage, and I use albums to secure them. For that, I used a precision knife to cut areas in the chipboard frame to place the green butterfly and part of the title instead of placing them on top of the frame.


This is all for this layout. It is busy but still has some white areas to help the eyes rest and to create balance in the layout. 

If you want to watch me creating this layout, check the process video here:


Thank you so much for your visit! This was a long post, but I hope you enjoy your time here and this layout. Have a wonderful day and come back soon for more inspiration. 


No comments