Explore Sedona Layout

Hello crafty friends! Today I'm sharing a layout I designed with the amazing Here + There collection by Simple Stories. This collection is so pretty and versatile that I fell in love with it immediately because, not only can I use it to document travels, but also to make layouts about my husband. The colors in the collection are stunning and the beautiful florals make this collection a must have!

You may have noticed that I usually scrapbook about my daughters or family, but this one is about my husband who travels a few times during the year because of his work. The hardest part for me is the journaling because I wasn't there, which is why I asked him about the trip to have some information to write. To create this layout, I challenged myself to not use florals. It was hard, but I accomplished it!



I'm a lover of textures and dimension in my projects and Simple Stories' variety of products is fabulous. When I'm designing a layout, many times the first product I look over is the chipboard frames. They are a great way to embellish the photos and add texture to the projects. The best part is that they have the perfect thickness, so the layouts are not bulky. 


To embellish the frames a little, I added a jute cord to them and a few sticker words. Then, I used a tag from the journaling die cuts pack to print the journaling on it. 



To give the tags a resting place, I added a few strips of paper. For additional texture I distressed the edges and cut the left edge diagonally or with a "V" notch. In the upper left corner and lower right corners of the frame I created two clusters using different products from the collection like chipboard, stickers, decorative brads, and enamel dots. In some of them, I added foam to play with the dimension.


For the title, I used the word "Explore" from the foam stickers and added stickers from the sticker book to form the word "Sedona". I used two foam corners to point to the word "Sedona".


On the top and bottom areas of the layout, I added a few paper strips to balance the page. The top papers are straight with their edges distressed and the bottom pieces were cut diagonally for movement and interest. All of them were distressed.  
This is all for this layout, if you want to see the process to create it, check the video here:


Thanks for your visit, I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do! Have a wonderful day!



No comments