Fabulous Layout

Hello crafty friends! I'm very happy to share with you a new layout using the amazing Simply Vintage Essentials collection! Don't think of vintage photos only when you see this collection, this time I used it with a photo of my daughter going to her prom, and in a previous post with a rollercoaster photo. As you can see, it can work with anything thanks to its neutral tones and huge variety of products. Now, let's talk about how I made this layout. If you want to see the process video, check it at the end of this post.

I started by choosing the background papers. I added a piece of the white paper on top of the gray paper to create contrast and because I knew I will be using the rub-ons and I needed a paper where they can be seen. After adding them together, I stitched a border using the sewing machine with straight and zig zags stitches.

The next step was working with the photo. For that, I wanted to create a layered mat, with different tones from the collection. I mixed die cuts, patterned papers, and washi tape. Since I love to add texture and dimension to my projects, I tore some edges and distressed all the papers. 

Before adding the papers to the layout, I added pieces of rub-ons around the page, to enhance those places where I'll be embellishing.

On the left corner, I added a torn and distressed die cut piece with a piece of black washi tape and a chipboard label.

To embellish the corner of the photo, I made a cluster using die cut florals. I created layers by using foam tape behind some of them and playing with their position. Also, I added a circle chipboard frame cut in half, and a few hearts using the rub-ons and foam stickers.

For this layout, I transferred a few rub-ons butterflies to vellum and fussy cut them. This collection also has die cut butterflies, but I wanted them to be more subtle, which is why I did this. I added them with liquid glue on the center and a small piece of foam tape behind each wing. The title is one of the phrases from the foam stickers. If you can't find a premade title there, don't worry, in this collection you can find different foam alphabets and also a sticker book with alphas and phrases. In the end, I added the journaling, which I printed in cardstock and cut into thin strips.

Now, let's watch the process video of this layout here:


Thanks for your visit, I hope you like and enjoy this layout and it inspires you to craft! Come back soon for more inspiration and have a wonderful day!

No comments