Knight Bus Layout

Hello crafty friend! I'm very happy to share with you this layout I designed for Simple Stories, using the new Color Vibes Darks and Woods collections. As you may have noticed, these are not the colors I usually work with, but I challenged myself to use them in a layout and this is the result. I was surprised with how pretty and cool it looks with those photos of my girls in Universal Studios talking with the Knight Bus driver in the Harry Potter area of the park. It was a fun layout to make, and I recorded the process in case you want to see how I made it. 

For the background, I'm using a Warm White dotted cardstock from Simple Stories Color Vibe line. Those cardstocks are beautiful, and you can coordinate them with their collections. Once I was sure of the background, I added pieces of papers to the sides. For texture and interest, I tore and distressed the edges before adding the papers to the layout. In the center, I used the stencil from the Simple Vintage Berry Fields collection to add more texture to the page and help the viewer focus on the photos. The ink I used is Antique Linen Distress Ink. 

I wanted to create layers in the photo area. For that, I cut small pieces of papers and tucked them behind the photos. Most of them are from the 6" x 8" paper pads.  Before adding them to the layout, I distressed their edges. On the bottom of the photos, I added three flowers, made with the floral die cut pack of the Dark Color Vibe and enhanced them with a button in the center. 


On the top area, I added a view finder and filmstrip die cut. Both pieces are from the Simple Vintage Essentials collection. The two hearts and enamel dots are from the Dark Color Vibe. The wood alphas in the title are part of the Woods Color Vibes release. 


Before adding the filmstrip, I cut it in half and used one part on the left and the other on the right side of the photos.


Tucked under the paper strips are chipboard banners and stars from the Darks Color Vibe. Then, to finish the layout, I added paint splatters using gray acrylic paint diluted in water and a few enamel dots from the Darks Color Vibe. 


If you want to see how I made this layout, take a look at the process video here:


This is all for this layout, here is a full photo of it.

Thank you so much for your visit. I hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft! 

No comments