Smile Everyday Layout

Hello!

Hope you are having a great day! Today I want to share with you a layout I designed for Simple Stories using the Noteworthy collection. This time, I made a layout about me because this collection is perfect to document our story and to use those selfies, we take with the phone camera. Do you scrapbook about you? I usually don't but is important to do it and I need to try doing it more often. Let's take a look at this layout while I explain to you how I made it. If you want to see the process video, it is available at the end of this post.

When I started this layout, I knew I wanted to use the chipboard frame with my photo and with that, I started adding the papers. I mixed patterned papers from the 12" x 12" kit and from the 6" x 8" paper pad. Also, I added three papers from the Color Vibe collection, the Hickory/Cream (background wood), the Birch/White Grid (white grid) and the Deep Teal (before the wood paper). 


To add texture to the layout, I stitched around some of the papers and the journaling card. Before stitching the journaling card, I printed the text on it using the printer.  


After layering all the papers in the layout, I started embellishing the page. For that, I used die cuts, chipboards, foam stickers, washi stickers, rub-ons, decorative brads and enamel dots. Everything from the Noteworthy collection. 


Adding different materials to my layouts is something I enjoy because it adds different textures and make my projects more interesting. 


This time, I fussy cut around the floral die cuts to remove some of the white since the background paper was already white. 


When I started this layout, instead of having the pink paper behind my photo, I had a text paper. Then, when I finished the layout, I notice the text paper and the journaling were competing, so I decided to change that paper for the pink one. Also, I changed the "Smile" letters from pink to mint. Those cute letters are from the sticker book. 


If you want to see me creating this layout, check the process video here




Thank you so much for your visit. I hope you like this layout as much as I do, and it inspires you to craft! Come back soon for more inspiration!



No comments