XOXO Layout

Hello friends! Rebeca Ruiz (@rebeca_ruiz01) with you today sharing a lovely layout using the Valentine's Day Simple Set. This sweet and cute mini collection is perfect for documenting those photos of my daughter while she was opening a gift during Valentine's Day. She was so happy and excited about her gift that you can see it in her face. I'm so glad I was able to capture those memories and expressions in the photos, because now I can scrapbook them and they will be documented forever.

Since I'm a patterned paper lover, I wanted to use all of them in the layout. I almost accomplished it since I used five of the six designs available in the Valentine's Day Simple Set. I started this layout by cutting the white cardstock and matting it on the XOXO patterned paper. After that, I continued adding the other patterned papers from the kit. Aren't they cute?

 

To balance the layout, I matted the photos with Pink and Blush Color Vibe cardstocks. Using them, helps the photos stand out from the patterned paper in the background. Once the papers were ready, I started embellishing the layout. For that, I used the 12" x 12" sheet of stickers included in the kit. For most of them, I used foam tape to add dimension to the layout. 

 

I mixed the different designs in the sticker sheet to create clusters around the photos, but I was not pleased with how they looked. To fix that, I added a few hearts that I cut using the Blush and Bubblegum Color Vibe cardstocks, it was the perfect detail to hold everything together. Since the cardstock has a dotted design, it gives more texture to the page. If you haven't tried the Color Vibe cardstocks, you should do it, they match perfectly with the Simple Stories collections!

 

After adding all the stickers and hearts, I looked for enamel dots from the Color Vibes. I found the matching colors of enamel dots in different sets of Color Vibe. The red is from the Bold set, the pink is from the Summer set, the blush and peach are from the Lights set. You can see how helpful these products are! 

 

The last detail was adding a stitched border around the layout using a pink thread. I love adding these special details to my projects. Something so simple changes the appearance of the layout for the better. If you don't have a sewing machine, you can use a pen and create a border around the page.

 

Well, my friend, this is all for this layout. Thank you so much for your visit. I hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft and document your memories! Have a wonderful day!

 




No comments