Chillin Layout


Hi!

I’m from Puerto Rico, a beautiful island in the Caribbean.  Living here is a blessing, all year is summer, everywhere is a beach and the people is always happy and having fun.  We can say we live in Paradise!  It is very normal to us to go to the beach or just pass by it and enjoy the beautiful view and tropical weather all year long.  

These were some photos we took with our phones in August 2018, we were at home and decided to go to the beach area to see the water and enjoy the beautiful view.  In our way, we found a nice man that sell coconuts full of sweet water and we stopped to purchase some.  We enjoyed our coconuts and since we were out of the car, we decided to walk in the beach and took some photos.  We were not dressed in beach cloths, but that didn't stop us, we just enjoy the moment and the blessing of living here.


For this layout I used Simple Stories Hello Summer Collection.  Those papers are really bright and beautiful, they makes me happy!  I embellish the page using some die cuts and stickers from the collection, also a chipboard flower (right upper side) from Pebbles and an edger paper punch from EK Success to create the scalloped border on the top. To give the page more dimension I machine stitched around the page and near the scalloped borders.


Finally I added some paint splatter using white acrylic paint and Shimmerz in coal.  For the background I used an old green paper from my stash, it doesn’t have any barcode or label so I don’t know who made it but the color was perfect for the layout and I used it.  I have a lot of old scrapbooking stuff and I’m trying to incorporate some of them into my projects.


Have you been to Puerto Rico?  What was your experience? If not, I hope you can visit our Island some day, you are going to have so much fun!  

Thanks for your visit, hope you got inspired.   I’ll be sharing a new project soon!  



No comments