Cutie Pie Layout


Hi!

Hope you are having a great day!  Today I'm sharing a layout I started yesterday with the mixed media, but leaved it overnight to dry and today finish it  Is about my baby daughter who loves to wear dresses but not so much hats or anything in her hair.  When she is wearing a hat or something, I take photos fast because those moments don't last long, that's what the journaling tells.  

This layout looks very busy because of the mixed media and butterflies, but the truth is, it is very fast, easy and made with only a few papers.  To create this layout I used the Our House Collection by Carta Bella.  The colors of this collection inspired me, they are very girly no matter the main theme of the collection is for the home (cooking, baking and gardening) stuff.  But since it also have some flowers, butterflies, lines and papers that can be use for other themes, I bought all the papers from the collection to create some projects.






I used a big butterfly cut file from Paige Evans, you can find it in her Etsy Shop or in the Sillhouette Store #267051.  I backed it using the patterned papers from Carta Bella and added it to the page with some foam.  The smallest butterflies were fuzzy cut from one of the papers.  I machine stitched them to the page, to permanently attached them since the mixed media make it harder to glue them and for some extra dimension.



To create the background I applied some white acrylic gesso to the cardstock and then added the paints. I used Pop Art Pink from Shimmerz, Nebula Blue from Nuvo and Sunflower from Tattered Angel.   The sequins are unknown, I added a few of them for more texture.



The borders of the papers were distress or torned for additional interest and texture and to enhance the photo.  The title is from American Crafts Loves Me Thickers.  At the end, I machine stitched around the layout using navy thread, as her dress. 


Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope my work inspire you to create!

Until soon, 

No comments