Kennedy Space Center Mini Album

Hello!

In 2016 we went to the Kennedy Space Center, it was an amazing experience.  Since we love science and all that stuff, having the opportunity of seeing the shuttles, equipment and all that information available there was a dream come true.  There is so much things to see, learn and explore that we couldn't see all, so we need to plan a new trip there, especially me, because I was pregnant at that moment and don't knew, so I was pretty sleepy all day, lol.

To remember this great experience I created a mini album, using the Gatefold XL Mini Album tutorial by Frances Long from Your Book of Memories.  You can see a flip through video of my mini not so mini album at the end of this post. 



To mat and decorate the mini album I used  the paper kit and die cuts from Space Academy Collection by Carta Bella and a few pieces of chipboard from the 12" x 12" sheet of My Mind's Eye Blastoff!  The cut file from the cover is from Handipaper. I didn't use a lot of bulk embellishments because this is a big mini album and the gate fold can barely close, lol.  For another mini album I need to increase the measurements a little bit.  



In 2017 we printed in 4" x 6" all the photos we liked from this experience, approximately 175 photos.  I wanted to used them and this is a fast and pretty way to use a lot of them.  For this album I used 97 photos, some of them were cropped to fit but I managed to use the printed photos I had on hand.  To make the flaps a little more strong I reinforced them with tyvek to prevent them from tearing.


For this booklet I used black cardstock for the cover and four pieces of white cardstock for the inside pages, that was too much, I should have used 3 or less white cardstocks because with the pattered papers, photos and stickers it became so thick that the closing magnet no longer works for the pocket.  I machine stitched the cardstocks together in the middle and then mat the cover with patterned papers, you can see the white thread inside the booklet in the middle page, it was pretty fun to create and decorate it!

I did a flip through video of the album to share with you, my sweet daughter is in the fever of doing videos and editing them, so she volunteer to create an intro for my videos and edit this one.  I'm in love with the intro she prepared and I'm so thankful for all the time she spent yesterday doing it and creating this video, thanks Patricia, you did an awesome job!  Love you!  Take a look at the video, what you think of the intro she made?  Leave her a comment so can continue improving her skills.



Thanks for your visit, hope you like this mini album and you get inspire!  See you soon!




3 comments

  1. ¡Bello! Como todo lo que haces. Necesitamos una clase. 😬 Sobre el vídeo felicitaciones a Patricia quedo espectacular. Que siga hacia adelante.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias! Le daré tu mensaje, voy a pensar lo de la clase. Saludos!

      Delete
  2. Te amo mami! Qué bueno que te gustó la intro. El album te quedó espectacular.

    ReplyDelete