Little One Layout

Hi

Hope you are having a great day! This week was a little different since we've been having earthquakes in Puerto Rico, and not the usual earthquakes.  These are constant and some of them were strong making damages, especially to the South Western area of the Island.  I live in the North West, but we are also feeling them and not knowing what is going to happen, hearing those noises the earth makes, and seeing everything shaking is pretty scary.  Anyway, trying to get my mind out of all that, and to have some fun, I made this layout I'm sharing today titled Little One.  This time I was inspired by the papers, I'm a paper addict.  I love pretty paper collections and this one is so lovely! 






It took me some time to create the background.  I used my sewing machine with white thread to create the lines first from top to bottom, then I stitched the horizontal lines. The lines have varying lengths, some crossed the page while others don't.  I did it that way to create interest and movement since the pattern is not equal in all parts, especially in the bottom.


After that, I used the papers from Miss Kate Be Brave collection.  I have a few of her collections, but I think this is the first time I used one of them.  These papers are awesome, you can feel the texture, and the colors and designs are amazing. My only problem was when tearing it; it was a little difficult to tear, but not impossible.  It cuts very well with scissors and paper trimmer.


To embellish the layout I used the die cuts and stickers from the Be Brave collection as well as some stickers and a chipboard frame from a baby girl collection by Crate Paper that I had for some time. 


To add more texture, I used brads from Echo Park Paper Bundle of Joy collection in three different spots to create a visual triangle in the page for the title, photo and journaling.  The tag under the photo was made using We R Memory Keepers Tag Board. It is not a complete tag; it's a little bigger than what you see, just enough to adhere it under the photo.  The title is from American Craft Goldie Thicker.




I used animals from the collection to embellish the page because they are so cute that I can't resist using them.  To hang the sloth I created a garland using the die-cuts, but the sloth and all the animals were adhered to the page with foam to add dimension.


On top of the page you can see a little bow I made with the papers using a die I recently bought on Amazon, this was the biggest size, they work pretty well and looks very cute on the layout. In the next picture you can see better the "quilt" background.


This is a page full of texture, with the distressed and torn paper edges and all the different materials used like textured paper, cardstock, stitched background, die cuts, bow, foam title, stickers, glitter, brads, etc.


At the end I did some paint splatters using white acrylic paint by Apple Barrel and Shimmerz in Miner, Miner 49 er, Pink, and Refresh Mint, and added drops using Tonic Studio Nuvo in Aquatic Mist, Simply White, Sherbet Shimmer, and Carnation Pink.


Thanks for your visit! Hope you like this layout and it inspires you!  I enjoyed making it and love how it turned out.  I know the photos are not the best but it was cloudy today and I wanted to share it. I'll be back soon with another layout. 




No comments