The Story of Us Layout with Process Video

Hi!

Hope you are having a great day!  Last Friday I had a few free hours alone at home and decided to do some scrapbook since this is the best way for me to get inspired, being relaxed and in silence.  I made this layout of our wedding titled "The Story of Us".  I don't have a lot of photos from the wedding, only the ones printed in the wedding album and we don't have digital copies of them.  To use the photo I had to scan it and do a little bit of editing because they were printed in a textured photo paper.  While doing the layout, I recorded myself and made a process video (in English and in Spanish), which you can find at the end of this post.
During the week, I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut a few files I want to use in upcoming projects, including the one I used in this layout.  I cut them in white American Craft texture cardstock, so I can edit them if needed by adding some paint to change the color, but I usually use them in white.

This diamond floral cut file is from Handipaper; they have beautiful designs in their Etsy shop.  To enhance the theme of the layout, the wedding rings, I decided to use this cut file and backed it using papers from The Story of Us collection by Simple Stories for the big flowers, a gold text vellum from American Crafts for the small flower, and the leaves with an old green paper from Upsy Daisy Designs, a company no longer exist.


I bought this paper collection a few years ago in a local scrapbook store during a sale.  This collection is so beautiful, elegant, and perfect for almost any wedding photos and even though it's a little bit old, it still looks gorgeous.  This is the first time I use it, but I'm planning on scanning my wedding photos to create more layouts with them.  This paper was so pretty I wanted to use the title on it, which is why I used an X-Acto knife to cut around the "US" word and the swirl to help me place the cut file under them.


I knew this would be a one photo layout of our hands and I wanted it to be seen in the page, this was the reason I left the diamond part of the cut file without backing and used a "solid" color background.  This paper is from the collection, it is not fully black, it's like a chalkboard with some distressed areas.


To create the layout, I added a border sticker from the collection to the bottom of the black paper, then trimmed it to 11 1/2" x 11 1/2", teared the paper in three areas and backed it with pieces of yellow/gold paper.  Then I adhered the black paper to the gray stripes paper and machine stitched them.


I added some gold paint splatters using Shimmerz Miner, Miner 49 er diluted in water.  Once it was dry, I added the cut file with the photo and embellished it.

Some of the embellishments were added using craft foam to add dimension to the page.  I used the stickers and die cuts from the collection.


For more interest, I distressed the edges of some of the papers like the vellum behind the photo.


In the next photos you can see the dimension in the heart border and the different textures in the layout using vellum, paper, stickers and paint.





Here is the English version of the process video for the layout:


Aquí la versión en Español del proceso para crear la página:



Hope you like the layout and it inspires you to create.  Remember to follow me on YouTube and "Like" the video if you enjoy it or learn something.  If you have any question just let me know, I'll be glad to help you!



No comments