Don't Worry Beach Happy Layout (Published in SCT Magazine)

Hi!

Welcome to my blog! Hope you are having a wonderful day! I'm here today to share with you my newest layout. It is titled Don't Worry Beach Happy. I made this layout for my daughter who loves going to the beach. Those photos are from 2019; we live near a lot of beautiful beaches but I'm not a fan of the sand. After all the hard situations we have lived since 2017, I'm thinking I should enjoy more all the beauties we have in this paradise we live. In the end, with water and soap, we can clean all the mess of the sand, lol.


To create this layout I basically used the Miss Kate Cuttables Surf's Up collection. I used the papers, stickers and die cuts. Those papers have beautiful and happy colors, perfect for this page because her swimsuit has those colors.



For the title, I used a few die cuts and stickers with foam adhesive to create dimension and interest on it. Also, I distressed the edges of the papers for additional texture.


Two words stickers under the photos were used from the Maggie Holmes sticker book. I used foam adhesive in many embellishments to create layers in the page. The blue border was made using an old 12" metal die from Sizzix that I cut to use a portion.



Finally, I made a border around the layout using the sewing machine and teal thread and added a few Nuvo Drops in Morning Dew.



Thank you for your visit! Hope you like this layout and it inspires you to create!



2 comments

  1. Love the stitching on this layout! I've only recently dusted off my sewing machine to start adding stitched details to my layouts, but I haven't seen many examples that feature different stitch styles so this is exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin! Thanks for your sweet words, I'm glad you like it and it inspires you! I enjoy adding stitching to my projects, my sewing machine is very simple so it doesn't have a lot of stitching styles, but you can find a few more layouts here in my blog or Instagram where I added stylish stitching.

    ReplyDelete