Yummy Layout

Hi!

Hope you are having a great day! Today I'm sharing a layout I made last week but didn't have the opportunity to share it until today. It's about my daughter, making her first lemon meringue pie all by herself. She loves to make desserts, and she loves lemons, so making this pie was the perfect opportunity for me to take some photos and document this especial moment. 

When I first started with this layout, I was inspired by this beautiful collection by Simple Stories named Summer Farmhouse. I wasn't sure what photos to use, but I started my base while thinking of photos I could use on it and remembered those recent photos of her. 


To create the background, I used a doily stencil by Paige Evans. The paste I used on it is from Deco Art Media, mixed with Vicki Boutin Blue Hawaiian Brush Pen and Heidi Swapp Ocean Color Shine. For the splatters I used Shimmerz Ride the Tide and Dandy-Lion.


Once the paste and paint were dried, I started adding the patterned papers to the layout. Behind the yellow plaid paper I added craft foam to give dimension to the page and to make the photos pop. Then, I added a stitched border using yellow thread and the sewing machine.


To embellish the layout, I basically used products from the same Simple Stories collection. I used the decorative brads, stickers and die cuts. I basically added them near the photos to put all the attention to them. 

For some of the embellishments I used foam adhesive to add dimension and create layers. I love seeing them and not a completely flat design.


For the title I used the foam words from the collection, I love them! They are pretty, and since they are in foam, this gives more texture to the layout. For an additional detail, I made a tiny bow using some metal dies I bought on Amazon and added it to the apron.


A few word stickers were added around the photos and in the upper left corner of the page. They are a great way of adding embellishments without making the page too bulky.


At the end, I used Nuvo Drops in Limoncello and Cloud 9 in the splatters and doilies area. I love how they look and they are always a great way to add dimension and texture to the pages.


Thanks for your visit, hope this layout inspires you to craft! Stay safe, I'll be back soon with another layout and I'm working on a mini album too!



No comments