Always Happy Layout with Process Video

 Hi

After a few days away from posting my work, I'm back with a beautiful layout using mixed media and the newest Cocoa Vanilla Studio collection "These Days". This collection is gorgeous and has many embellishments, making it hard to decide what to use. I love their products, the colors are always beautiful and the designs are stunning, perfect for almost all themes and projects. This is my first layout with this collection, and I'm really happy with how it turned out. I invite you to stay with me and get comfortable while I tell you how I made this layout. If you like watching process videos, you can find this layout's video at the end of the post. Now, let's start with this layout.

The first thing I did was prepare the white cardstock using clear gesso. Once it dried I started with the mixed media. To color the background I used Distress Oxide in Crackling Campfire. When the paint was dry, I used a stencil from Paige Evans and Distress Ink Bundled Sage to add the rays design. After that, I added some tiny hearts using a stencil by Photo Play and a gold paste by Bo Bunny. When everything had dried, I added paint splatters using Shimmerz paints in Miner, Miner 49er, and Thunderstorm. 


I like to add paint to the background of my layout for a more artistic look, and to help everything blend together. Also, I enjoy adding different textures like the paste and the designs of the stencils to make the layout prettier and more attractive. Those are little details that capture the viewers' attention.


Now that the mixed media background was finished, let's continue with the papers. For that, I cut stripes from one of the papers in the collection. I used a scissor to cut them following the lines in the paper. Then, I distressed the edges of the paper stripes, cut one of the edges diagonally, and added them to the layout using liquid adhesive. The problem was, most of the mixed media was under the papers, so I had to used a lot of liquid adhesive to attach them. Then, I decided to stitch on top of the papers to secure them to the layout. For that, I used threads similar to the color of the stripes.


Now that the papers are ready, I continue by matting the photo in white cardstock and two different patterned papers from the collection. The edges of the papers were distressed. For the journaling, I used a 3" x 4" card behind the photos. For that, I added foam adhesive behind the photo forming a pocket where I can slide the card. I cut the top edges to make the card look like a tag and added a piece of cord to it.


In the next photo you can have a better look at all the papers stripes and the texture of the stitching on it.


The next step was adding the title and the embellishments. For that, I used the die cuts, foam titles, puffy stickers, glitter hearts, and a few fussy cut flowers and butterflies from the papers. I spent some time finding the correct spot to add the embellishments, which is why you can see me in the video moving them around until I was happy with how they look. 



I love to add texture and dimension to my projects. For that, I used foam tape and liquid adhesive to add the embellishments, so they don't look flat. In this layout, some of the flowers were added with foam tape and all the butterfly wings too. 



In the next photos, you can take a closer look at all the textures and dimension in the layout. By adding embellishments made of different materials like paper, puffy stickers, glitter hearts, the distressed edges, the stitching, paint, etc. you add lots of texture and interest to a project, without overwhelming it.



This layout took me some time because all of the details added to it, but I enjoyed making it and had a lot of fun. I made a short process video of it, thanks to the editing, so you can see how I made it. You can check it here:


Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you like this layout as much as I do


No comments