Joy of Christmas Double Spread Layout

 Hi!

It's been a long time since I made a double spread layout but these Christmas photos required one. Every Christmas eve, we do a photo shoot of the girls leaving cookies and milk for Santa and then we prepare the tripod and camera to photograph us in front of the tree. This is a fun tradition because using the timer of the camera and having four people ready is not always easy, but it captures us, as we are and this is great! 

Let's start talking about the layouts. The papers used, except the one for the journaling, are all from Carta Bella Santa's Workshop collection. This collection is old, but is really beautiful, the colors are vibrant and many of the designs are classical. To make my life easier, I used a sketch by Page Maps from the 2017 SCT 365 Year Long Delivered class. I purchased this class in 2017 and haven't finished it. Let's see if I can make one of the layouts from time to time.

In the left side layout I used 3 photos, all matted in white cardstock. Then, I arranged the papers as suggested by the sketch and added a black scalloped border and the felt ribbon, which adds texture to the layout and looks great. I can't remember the manufacturer of the ribbon.

For the title, I used the "Joy" word from a Simple Stories foam titles pack and the other letters are from Elle's Studio. To make the title more interesting, I added a drum sticker, a Santa die cut added with foam tape, and a chipboard toy. Mixing all these materials is a great way of adding texture, dimension, and interest to the layout!


In the lower part of the layout I added the scalloped black border, the felt ribbon, a sticker and two pieces of chipboard. Those elements make the layout more interesting without drawing attention away from the photos.


In the right side layout, I added two more photos and a few more pieces of patterned paper, maintaining the continuity of the left side by repeating the same papers.


This page was embellished with the same elements: the felt ribbon, a piece of the color stripes paper on top of the journaling and the deer. The journaling was written in a piece of Photo Play paper, which I cut the edge of by using a Stampin' Up punch. The tag is part of the die cuts, I embellished it by adding the twine bow and made a little cluster with a few chipboards.


This layout was pretty easy to assemble and really fast. Sometimes we just need that to distract our minds and preserve some memories. It is not a very artistic layout, but it surely is pretty and says Christmas. I enjoyed making this layout and remembering that day through the photos and this is amazing, because for me, this is the best reason to scrapbook! Thanks for your visit, I hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft and to ignite your Christmas spirit!


No comments