Sweet Cookie Layout

 Hi!

I'm back this week for the second time with a layout using sketch #16 from Allison Davis' class. Now I'm up to date since the class is in week #17, and I only need to work with this week's sketch before Monday. This class is almost over, it consists of twenty sketches, one per week, using 6" x 6" paper pads to create 12" x 12" layouts. I can't share with you the original sketches because this is a paid class, but I can share my interpretation of them with you. So, stay with me while I explain how I made this one.



For this layout I cheated because, instead of using 6" x 6" papers, I used the 12" x 12" papers from the Hello collection by Doodlebug Designs. I did this, because I wanted to use those photos of my daughter where she is wearing a neon shirt and after checking all my 6" x 6" paper pads I couldn't find one that I liked for these photos. This is when I decided to check my paper stash and the first collection I pulled out was this one, which is beautiful and I haven't used since I bought it a few years ago when it was released. 

Using this collection makes me happy, because I'm using what I have in my stash, which is quite a bit, and this collection is so gorgeous that I can't understand why I haven't made any projects with it before. Anyway, here is this first layout using Hello and I love it! It is a happy layout, perfect for those photos of my daughter decorating a Baby Yoda cookie. She had so much fun eating the decorations and adding stuff to her cookie, once she finished, she ate the cookie without letting it dry. It was so much fun doing this as a family and watching my daughters have so much fun.

Something that I like to do to my layouts is adding a mat to it. This is something different from the sketch. Also, the stitched border around the layout which I made using the sewing machine and fuchsia thread. Another thing I changed from the sketch was adding the tabs in the photos and the speech bubbles. The other things are as in the sketch.

I made the three clusters using flowers from the die cut pack of the collection. Some were added using foam tape to add interest and dimension to the layout. 

For the title I used a die cut from the collection and Thickers from American Crafts. I enjoy mixing titles and fonts because they add interest to the page. 

The green border was hand stitched using half the strand of embroidery floss.

That's all for this layout, I hope you like it and are inspired by it. Thanks for your visit and come back this week for my interpretation of sketch #17.



No comments