Good Life Layout

 Hi!

How are you? Hope you are healthy and having a great day! I'm happy to start this week sharing with you my version of sketch 17 of Allison Davis' class. The class is coming to the end next week when she will present sketch 20. At this moment I'm two sketches behind, hopefully for next week I'll be finishing them all. Last week was a little busy for me, planning my toddler's birthday party and doing virtual classes with her, but now I have a little more time to craft, so hopefully I can finish the class on time. As mentioned before, I can't share with you the original sketch since this is a paid class, but here is my version of it and I will tell you how I made it, so stay with me during this post to learn all the details.


Let's start talking about the products used. For this layout, I used the Unforgettable collection by Cocoa Vanilla Studio. This collection is a little old, but I love it so much, that I bought a lot of papers to be sure I have plenty of them, and as you can image, I still have a few full sheets of papers and products from the collection. To create the background I cut stripes of papers from the 6" x 8" paper pad in different heights from 1/4" to 1" and all to 6" width. As suggested in the sketch, I cut the edges of the papers in banner and pointer shape. 


I love to add texture to my layouts, this is why I distressed the edges of all the papers and stitched a line on top of some of the stripes using the sewing machine and white thread. After that, I mat the photo using white cardstock and a piece of pink paper from one of the 12" x 12" papers. The original sketch called for a single matted photo, but I decided to mat mine with patterned paper and add a border on the bottom part, like a Polaroid photo. I did this to help the photo stand out. I used this patterned paper to match the color of the flowers in the photo. Another thing I did different, was adding a stitched border to the photo.


The next step was adding the title. For that, I used the foam titles of the collection. 


Now is time for the funniest part, embellishing the layout. The original sketch used the left side of the photo for journaling stripes, but I used it to add embellishments. I created a cluster in the left using die cuts and butterflies. Some of the butterflies were fuzzy cut from one of the 12" x 12" papers. For dimension, I used foam tape to add the embellishments to the layout.


In the photo, I decided to add two phrase stickers using foam tape and created another little cluster by repeating the butterflies. Then, I added a tab on the right side that can be pull to reveal the journaling in a card.


To make a visual triangle, I added two more butterflies on top of the camera. Then I added three arrows/banner on top of the paper stripes, using the color black for repetition and balance.




At the end, I used a diamond shape stamp from Elle's Studio and gray ink from Ranger, to stamp a few details in the layout. Finally, I used black acrylic paint diluted in water to add paint splatters to the layout, to balance it.


This layout took me some time to cut the stripes of papers and it edges, and then distressing each one. I used a T ruler to glue them straight in the white cardstock but now that I'm looking at the photos, I noticed they are tilted, I don't like when this happen but now I can't fix them, so they will stay this way. Anyway, thank you for staying with me during this post. I hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft. 
 

No comments