So Very Grateful for You Layout with Process Video

 Hi!

Hope you are having a wonderful day! I'm very happy to share with you a beautiful and elegant layout I made for my daughters using two cut files from Cut to You by Gwen. A few weeks ago, Gwen invited me to be a guest designer for today and October 26. I was very happy because I love her cut files, especially the florals and titles, so I immediately accepted. Here is the first layout I designed for her. I also recorded the process of creating this layout and you can find it at the end of this post. 

In this layout I used two of her designs: the Floral Note Card, and the "Grateful for You" title. If you haven't checked her cut files, go and visit her shop, I'm sure you are going to find something special for your projects. The papers and embellishments used are from Cocoa Vanilla Studio "These Days" collection.



I'm a very organized person, so when Gwen contacted me, I started planning this layout and chose these files to create a layout about my daughters since they are my biggest blessing and scrapbooking of them always makes me happy and inspires me. After choosing the files and cutting them in white cardstock, I backed them using patterned papers from "These Days". 


When the Floral Note Card file was backed, I added the photo. You can see in the video that the photo was a bit larger than the frame, so I used a scissor to remove the excess and leave the white border around it clean. Once it was ready, I added the file to the beautiful background paper which has all the mixed media work done, helping me scrapbook this photo quickly.


However, I wanted to enhance the "Grateful" word in the title. For that, I cut the inside letters of the word using my cutting machine, this way I was sure the cut was clean and will fit perfectly in the cut file. Once they were ready, I used foam adhesive to add them to the layout.


After adding the cut file to the page, most of the work was done. Only a few details were needed to finish this layout. For that, I added flowers to the frame using the floral die cuts from the collection, as well as flowers that I fussy cut from the floral paper. I know many people don't like to fussy cut, but I enjoy and love it; maybe this is why I love the Cocoa Vanilla Studio collections so much. They always have some papers that can be fuzzy cut for embellishing. When I purchased the collection, the first thing I did was fuzzy cut one of the butterflies paper, one of the cards and banners paper, and one of the florals paper, including the tiny flowers the paper have. Then, I used resealable bags to store the cut outs, this way I'll have them on hand when I work with the collection.


To add dimension to my layout, I added some elements using liquid adhesive and others with foam adhesive. This is a technique I always use to make the page more interesting. 


In the next photo you can see the flowers I added to the Floral Note Card file. I used all the colors in the collection and mixed the flowers designs. The tiny flowers were not the easiest to fuzzy cut, but they are worth the effort because they look amazing in the page and add a special touch. Since they are so small, I used liquid adhesive to add them to the page.


You can also appreciate the colorful leaf vines that I added to the frame. They were also fussy cut from the floral paper and, by adding it, the cut file was enhanced.


To balance to the layout, I added a few florals to the bottom corner, using fuzzy cut flowers. When everything was glued, I added gold splatters using Shimmerz Miner, Miner 49er paint diluted in water.


The journaling was printed in white cardstock, then I cut it in thin strips and added them to the layout using liquid adhesive. Now, after looking at the layout and feeling that something was missing, I added a clear sticker that looks like a paint brushstroke behind the word "for" and a puffy butterfly on top of it and the cut file.


Then, I added another of the clear paint  brushstroke sticker behind the floral envelope I used to embellish the title. In this area, I added a tab in the border of the photo and two puffy words, also the floral envelope using foam tape in the top of it. Finally I embellished the envelope with a puffy butterfly and a clear "x" sticker. 

You can see the process video for this layout here and remember to give it a like if you enjoy and/or learn something from this layout. It is always nice to know that people appreciate the effort we put in sharing videos and our work.


Thanks for your visit, I hope you like this layout as much as I do and it inspires you to craft! 



No comments