The Wand Chooses the Wizard Layout

 Hi!

Hope you had a wonderful weekend! I'm finishing mine by sharing this layout I made for my daughter using a cut file I bought on Etsy from Scraps4DayzDesigns. My daughter is a huge Harry Potter fan, so when I saw this cut file, I knew I had to buy it and make a layout right away. The photos are from 2014, when she got her wand. That day she chose Hermione's wand without reading or knowing anything from Harry Potter's stories and before making this layout I asked her, if she could go back in time but with all the knowledge she have of Harry Potter's (after reading all the books a few times) which wand would she choose and she told me that the same one, Hermione's. After hearing that, I was excited to made the layout, knowing that the title perfectly fits this story.

Now, let's talk about how I made the layout. First, I cut the title cut-file using white cardstock and backed it using papers from Echo Park "Witches and Wizards", the same collection I used throughout the layout. Then, I chose and printed two photos of her, one choosing the wand and the other posing as a wizard. I matted the photos using white cardstock and a black patterned paper from the collection. Then, I added a scalloped border to one side of each photo. The border was cut from a die cut frame. 

For the background I used a kraft Bazzill Basics cardstock. I choose this cardstock to help the white cut file stand out without adding mixed media. I cut three stripes of paper from the collection, the burgundy, the newspaper, and the wizard icons. I tore the right edges of the papers and distressed them. When ready, I added them to the background. 

The title was added using foam tape for dimension. The photos were added with double sided tape and the photo on the right side only has tape in three sides to create a pocket for the tags, which holds the journaling. To embellish the tags, I added a piece of kraft twine.

A few additional embellishments were added to the layout to finish it. On top, I added the banners of the four houses. For that, I used liquid adhesive on the top border and foam tape in the bottom area so they look with movement and dimension. Then, I added two black stickers, one below the title and a little one on top of the star in Wand. 

Two stickers were added, one on top of the right photo, using foam tape. Then, the owl was added near the left photo.

Finally, I added a stitched border around the layout and made some white paint splatters.

This is a simple layout with not many techniques but I enjoyed making it and remembering that day. I hope you like it and it inspires you to craft!



No comments