Love Life Layout with Process Video

 Hi!

Has it happened to you that sometimes you focus on scrapbooking your kids, husbands, family, etc, but don't scrapbook about yourself? Well, this happens to me a lot. My favorite scrapbooking subjects are my daughters and family. I'm usually the person photographing everyone, but it's not common for me to be in the photograph, and it's even more rare for me to take selfies. Sometimes, however, when I go the beauty salon, I photograph myself to document how my hair looks at that moment. This photo is a little bit old, but I wanted to scrapbook it and found this cut file from Cut To You was perfect for it. As a bonus, I recorded the process of doing this layout and you can find the video at the end of this post.

Let's talk about this layout and how I made it. The first thing I did was choose the cut files. They are from Cut to You by Gwen and the names are Tea Cup Posie and Scallop Banners. I cut them using white cardstock and backed the tea cup cut file using the 6" x 8" Daydream paper pad by Cocoa Vanilla Studio. I'm a fan of their collections because the colors and designs are always so pretty and elegant that I can use their collection for many different projects.


Once the cut files were ready, I did some mixed media on a white cardstock that I prepared with clear gesso. Knowing the colors in the cut files and which photo I'll be using, I decided to add some coral to the background with splatters of gold. For that, I used Shimmerz paints in Pop Art Pink and Miner, Miner 49er. Now that the background was ready, I added strips of patterned paper to the cardstock on the top and bottom.


In between the floral paper and the gray polka dot paper, I added the three scalloped borders using liquid adhesive. Before adding the papers, I distressed their edges.


Now, it's time to bring the framed photo to the layout. The wood grain frame is one of the die cuts from Daydream and I just placed the photo behind it and secured it with tape around the borders. 


The floral tea cup cut file was added with foam tape to the layout. The photo was added using tape, but the mixed media didn't allow it to glue well, so I added liquid adhesive off camera.


Since I love using flowers in my layouts, I could not miss the opportunity to add some of them to the corner of the photo to create a small cluster and continue with the florals around the layout. Most of the flowers are die cuts, but there are also some tiny flowers and a light coral (behind the blue and yellow flowers) that I fussy cut previously. For dimension, I used foam tape in some of the flowers.


The title is also from the collection and originally came with a thick white border around the letters, but I prefer a thin border. For this reason I used an X-Acto knife and the scissor to remove part of the white border. Then, I added it to the layout using foam tape.


At the end, I added a few die cuts and stickers from the collection to embellish the layout a little bit more. I used the "love you" banner under the photo frame, the "Beautiful You" banner in the photo frame, the blue heart added with foam tape, and the moth touching the flower.



This layout came out really quickly because the cut file is so big and covers a huge part of the page, so only a few more things were needed to create it. Although it was simple, I enjoyed making it, especially because it is about me. 

If you want to see the process video of this layout, click here:


Thank you so much for your visit. I hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft!



2 comments