Everyday Adventures Layout with Process Video

Hi!

Today I'm sharing with you my first layout using the beautiful July Main kit from My Creative Scrapbook, which features the Full Bloom collection by Simple Stories. This collection is so pretty, that it was really easy and fun creating with it. For this layout, I used one of July's cut files and a bit of mixed media. I also recorded the process to show you how I made it. You can watch the video at the end of this post, but let's talk about how I made it!

The first thing I did was cover the white cardstock with clear gesso. I did this because I was planning on using lots of paint and water to create the background. By adding the gesso to the paper, it will hold the water better and I will be able to play with the paint and move it around without any problems. Once the gesso was dry, I started adding the colors in the background using a brush and water. I used a rainbow die cut to follow the color order and try to match the tones. For the pink/coral color I used Distress Ink Saltwater Taffy and for the other colors I used a watercolor palette I bought at Walmart. Using the same colors I added paint splatters to each one. After finishing with a color, if it was wet, I used the heat tool to dry the paint and prevent it from mixing with the next color. 

Once the background was dry, I added the tags trying to match the colors of the paint with the color of the tag. I used white crochet thread to tie a knot in each tag. Since the background has gesso and paint, sometimes it is hard to glue stuff on top. I used strong liquid adhesive to add the tags. On top, I added the photos using foam tape. For the cut file, I used a teal paper to back the "Everyday" word and used foam tape to add it to the layout. 

Finally, I embellished the page using the chipboards, die cuts, stickers, and foam stickers from the kit. To some of them, I added foam tape for dimension. I love mixing all the embellishments in one page to add textures to the layout and interest. At the end, I added paint splatters in the cluster areas using Shimmerz Coal paint and a few Nuvo drop in Honey Gold. Here are some close ups of the embellishments:


Off camera, I added the cloud and the bee to cover a white space in the tag.






If you want to see how I made this layout, watch the process video here:


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you like this layout as much as I do, if this is the case, don't forget to give it a like and subscribe to my channel for more inspiration!

No comments