Hey Honey Layout with Process Video

Hi!

How are you? Hope you are having a beautiful day! Today I'm sharing with you my second layout using My Creative Scrapbook July Main kit featuring Full Bloom by Simple Stories. I love how cute and versatile this collection is, making it easy and fun to create. This time, I used the sketch of the month, designed by Laura Creates. It was fun working with the sketch and creating something that works for my style and photos.  I made a few changes, but you can see the main elements of the sketch in my design and I love how it turned out. Stay with me while I explain to you how I made this page, and if you want to see me creating, the process video is at the end of this post.

This is the sketch for July 2022. It is very practical and you can easily adapt it to any theme. 

Instead of using one big photo, I decided to use two photos of my daughter eating cotton candy and substitute the star with a cluster of embellishments. Also, I matted the layout in a teal cardstock and added a strip of paper and flowers to the bottom to substitute the strip on the top. The flower strip was fussy cut from one of the papers, and I glued them above a strip of red polka dot paper to give them an anchor point.


The photos were matted using a teal paper from the collection, and I glued corner frames made from the same polka dot paper to the corners of the photos to balance the layout.



To substitute the big star, I made a cluster with embellishments from the kit. I used chipboards, stickers, foam stickers, a die cut frame, and a fussy cut tab from one of the papers. Some of the embellishments were added using foam tape for dimension and to create layers that add interest to the page.


In the title area, I used foam stickers, printed my journaling on a tag from the papers and added a few embellishments like flowers, bees, and honey combs. For additional textures, I made a bow in the tag using crochet thread and added a few Nuvo drops in Aquatic Mist.




Now that I'm writing this post, I notice that a triangle scrap is in the photo, I'm sorry for that, anyway you can appreciate the layout and all the details added to it!

If you want to see me creating this page, check the process video here:



Thank you so much for your visit. I hope you like this layout as much as I do. If this is the case, don't forget to give it a like and subscribe to my channel for more inspiration!



No comments