Summer Layout

Hello! I'm glad you are here. Today, I'm sharing with you a layout I designed for JustNick Studio using their new Summer cut file. This design is beautiful, it has the word "summer" three times and they are joined together. I cut it in a large size to make it stand out, but this leaves only a small space for the photo and embellishments. Anyway, I love how this turned out and how fun and summery it looks, so let's talk about how I made it!

The first thing I did for this layout, was cut the design in white textured cardstock from American Crafts. I used my Silhouette Cameo machine for this and the settings used are: Blade Depth 4, Speed 2, and Force 30. The size of the design is: width 6.783 and the height 7.820. Once the file was cut, I backed it using patterned papers from Simple Stories Hello Summer. Then, I added foam tape to the back of the design to add more dimension when in the layout.

Now is time to prepare the background of the page. I used a white cardstock and applied Distress Oxide Salvaged Patina in the area of the cut file, using a stencil brush. Then, on top of the paint I added the cut file. For the top and bottom part of the layout, I cut two pieces of black dotted paper to 3/8" x 12" and a piece of the colored stripes paper to 1 1/2" x 12" and cut it diagonally in half, then placed one part on the upper part of the layout and the other on the bottom. Using the sewing machine and black thread, I added a zig zag border in between the papers for more texture and a nice finished look.

The photo was matted using a black stripes paper from the collection to balance the papers from the borders, and was placed on the right side of the cut file. After that, I added a few embellishments to create a visual triangle in the page. For the clusters, I used stickers from the 12" x 12" sheet, die cuts, and chipboards all from the Hello Summer collection that was released a few years ago. To create layers and dimension in my page, I added some of the embellishments with foam tape.

At the end, I added black paint splatters (using acrylic paint diluted in water and a brush) around two of the clusters and a few clear Nuvo Drops. Once it was dry, I added the journaling strips that I printed in thin white cardstock.

With this, I can call this layout finished! It is so colorful and happy, perfect to showcase my daughters' moment in the pool. Thanks for your visit, I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do!

No comments