Believe Layout

Hello crafty friend! Rebeca Ruiz with you today to share a Christmas double spread layout using the beautiful December Main kit from My Creative Scrapbook. To create this layout, I was inspired by one of the sketches provided with the kit this month. After finishing it, I decided to create the left side layout and made it a double spread. It was fun creating these pages and playing with all the products in the kit. Now, let's take a look at each layout and if you want to see how I made it, check the process video at the end.


Take a look at the sketch I used to create the right-side layout.


For the base, I used one of the patterned papers, but I altered it a little using a precision knife to cut around the snowflakes to be able to insert the gingham paper.



I kept the main designs of the sketch but made a few changes like making the central photo slightly bigger and adapting it to the designs on the base paper.


Instead of using stars, I used the poinsettia, leaves, frames, circles, and hearts from the kit.


On the lower corner, I added a journaling card to hold the Santa and the sub-title.


Since the paper already had stitching, I fussy cut around the edge to save it.


To help the central photo stay as the focus, I added a green tab on top of it.


On the right side of the photo, I made a little cluster to create a visual triangle in the layout.


This is how the right-side layout looks. It was a great sketch to work with!

In this collection, there are two papers that are very similar, so I decided to use the other one to create a left-side layout and made a double spread.


This time, I used two bigger photos and used the same patterned papers I used on the right side to give the layout continuity.


To give the photos a resting place, I used a piece of the black paper to create a banner. By doing this, I replicated the design from the other page. 


Then, I embellished with the title, flowers, half circle, stars, hearts, and leaves. 


In this page, I added a red tab to the left photo to balance the layout and to give more attention to it.


In the bottom corner, I used the same technique of cutting around the design to save it and used it to embellish the page. 



If you want to see how I made these layouts, take a look at the process video here:



Thank you so much for your visit. I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do, and it inspires you to craft. Have a wonderful Holiday season and come back soon for more inspiration.



No comments