Merry & Bright Layout

Hello! Every year, during the Christmas season, most of the town squares in Puerto Rico are decorated. For this layout, I'm using a photo of my hometown, Isabela, from 2021. I try to photograph it every year, but this is the first time I made a layout of it. To create this page, I used the beautiful December Main Kit from My Creative Scrapbook.

For this layout, I started by choosing the patterned papers to create the layers. Then, I continued by adding the paint to the background by using Distress Oxide Bundled Sage diluted in water and a piece of transparency for the kissing technique. Then, I used black acrylic paint diluted in water for the splatters.


To give some texture to the patterned papers, I distressed them a little.


On the top corner of the photo, I made a cluster by mixing the chipboards, stickers, and foams in the kit. 


In the bottom corner of the photo, I made another cluster around the foam title. 


In the top corner of the layout, I added to chipboard phrases to balance the layout since the journaling will be in the opposite corner. Then, after finishing the layout, I matted it in a black cardstock and tore some pieces of the white cardstock and used mini staples to fix them in the layout. After that, I used a black Sharpie pen to draw a border around the page. 


If you want to see how I made this layout, check the process video here:



This is the finished layout. I had lots of fun making it by mixing all the products from the kit.
Thank you very much for your visit. I hope you like and enjoy this layout and it inspires you to craft! Come back soon for more inspiration!


2 comments

  1. what is the name of your distressing tool that you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! It's an old Making Memories paper scrapper. They are no longer in the market by this company but I believe there are other scrappers similar.

      Delete