Love This Layout

Hello! This layout I'm sharing today was designed for Simple Stories using the True Colors collection, which is another beautiful collection from Kelly Bangs. It's very colorful with cute designs that make it easy to fall in love with. I invite you to learn all the details about this layout and watch the process video at the end of this post.

This time I'm using a photo of my teenage daughter at the beauty salon. Her hair was colored blue, but her prom was near, and she wanted to color it black since it's her natural color. She was very happy and pleased with the result. To mat the photo, I used a 6" x 8" teal ombre paper and left a bigger border on the bottom to make it look like a Polaroid photo.  



Before adding the photo to the layout, I added three different patterned papers (cameras, stars, and hearts) and a strip of washi tape. Then, I added a clipboard journaling card behind the photo and used a precision knife to cut around the flowers. This let me use the flowers to embellish the photo instead of covering them. 


For the title, I used a talking bubble from the foam stickers and embellished the photo with a pink clipboard sticker.  Then, I embellished the photo area by adding a few floral die cuts, the viewfinder reel, another foam sticker with the "Yay" word, decorative brads, phrase stickers, chipboard stickers, and enamel dots. 



Aren't those floral die cuts pretty? Check the beautiful colors, and all the flower designs mixed to make our lives easier while creating clusters!



To balance the layout, I created a cluster on the top using a tag from one of the papers as the base. Then I added the film roll and flowers die cuts, a layered chipboard, stickers, decorative brads, and enamel dots at the top.




At the end, I reduced the white cardstock to 11 1/4" x 11 1/4", matted it on a black color vibe cardstock, then on a flamingo color vibe cardstock. The final touch was stitching a white border around the layout.

Take a look at the process video to watch me creating this layout:



That's all for this layout. Thank you so much for your visit. I hope you like it, and it inspires you to craft!



Come back soon for more inspiration!


No comments