Spring Time Smile Layout

Hello crafty friend! It's Rebeca Ruiz @rebeca_ruiz01 with you today in the blog. I'm very happy to share this layout I created using the Simple Vintage Spring Garden collection by Simple Stories. I love making layouts and this collection inspires me to create them easily. With all the beautiful embellishments in this collection, the hardest part was choosing which ones to use and when to stop because I enjoy adding little details to my projects. Let's see how I made this layout and if you want to watch me creating it, check the process video at the end of this post.

After choosing my photos and the title from the foam stickers, I selected a chipboard frame to enhance my photos in the layout. Then, I selected the Bloom Brightly paper and tore at the top and bottom to use the gingham design on top of the white cardstock. 

 

I added a blue strip of My Happy Place paper to give some contrast to the page. To maintain the vintage look and to add texture to the layout, I distressed the edge of the strips of paper. I love how this simple touch makes the layout look even prettier!

When you look at this page, maybe you think it is a lot of work to create the background, but don't be fooled by how it looks. It was made with the stencil from the collection, yellow ink, and rub-ons. 

Since I love adding papers and details to my layouts, I used a Bingo card and some labels from the Ephemera pack to mat the photo on the left. By doing this, I gave the flowers a place to rest while creating the main cluster of the page. 

This layout was embellished using a variety of products. I mixed die cuts, stickers, foam stickers, enamel dots, and decorative brads. With this, I give the layout dimension, texture, and interest. To balance the layout, I created two small clusters. One on the top right and the other on the bottom right. 

If you like watching process videos, don't miss this one to see how I made this layout.

 

It was fun creating this layout with the Simple Vintage Spring Garden collection. I love how it turned out and I was so inspired that I'll be creating more layouts with it this week. If you don't have this collection, don't miss it, check your favorite store before it is sold out! 

 

Thank you so much for your visit! I hope you like this layout as much as I do, and it inspires you to craft! 

No comments