You Are My Sunshine Layout

Hello! A few weeks ago, I made this layout and was not able to share it with you until now. To create this page, I was inspired by sketch designed by Allison Davis for Scrapbook and Cards Today Magazine. I made a few changes to the sketch, but you can see the main elements in the layout. The products I used are all from Cocoa Vanilla Studio Happy Days collection. Now, let's take a closer look to the sketch and don't miss the process video at the end of this post.

For this layout, I wanted to use this beautiful and colorful collection from Cocoa Vanilla because it matches perfectly with my daughter's photos and personality. I started by cutting the strips of paper but instead of leaving the edges straight, I added more interest to them by cutting some of them diagonally and notching others.


Then, I added the strips of paper to the white cardstock and stitched a border on the left and right side of each strip. This is a detail that add texture and give the page a better finishing look.


I matted the photos using papers from the 6" x 8" pad and added them to the layout a little tilted as in the sketch. After that, I added the title using a label and small puffy alphas from the Happy Days collection. For the "My Sunshine" phrase I used the chipboard alphas that are also part of the collection. 


Since the sketch have a floral cluster on the right side, I decided to do the same in my layout. I used the die cut flowers from the collection but also flowers and butterflies that I fussy cut from the 6" x 8" and 12" x 12" papers. 


After playing with the flowers and butterflies to find an arrangement that I like, I added them to the layout using liquid glue and foam tape. 


On the photos area I added a few embellishments to enhance it without making it too busy. I used banners and butterflies from the die cuts and used foam tape to give them dimension.


At the end, I added a few hearts and dots from the enamel pack, they are gorgeous and the perfect addition to complete the layout! Also, I reduced the white cardstock and mat it over a paper with strips of colors, also from the collection. If you want to watch me creating this colorful and fun layout, check the process video here:



Thank you so much for your visit. I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do, and it inspires you to craft!


Have a wonderful day and come back soon for more inspiration!

No comments