Hope & Dream Layout

 Hi!

Has it happened to you, that you see a beautiful collection and you just want to use it right away? Well, this is what happened to me with the Little Dreamer Girl collection by Echo Park Paper. I fell in love with this new collection instantly. I ordered it online and had to wait for the package to arrive, and finally yesterday, after doing some chores at home, I was able to finished this cute layout. Sadly I was not able to record the process because I did it in between chores, but I will show you all the details in next photos.

I started the layout by cutting the patterned papers in the background to create the base of my page. I used two papers, one with circles and a green one. Then I added a yellow stripe of paper with a scalloped border sticker to cover the union of the base papers. I trimmed the edges of the yellow paper diagonally to break the monotony of having all the lines straight. Also, I cut them a little longer that the papers to make it more interesting. After that, I reduced the white cardstock to 11 1/2" x 11 1/2", matted it on a light peach solid paper from the collection and stitched around the border and on top of the yellow stripe. I love adding textures to my layouts, and the stitching is a method I use often.

The next step was to prepare the photo area. For that, I used a blue patterned paper from the collection. Since it was getting lost in all the designs of the paper with circles, I decided to mat it using a navy paper from the solids. This tiny border makes a huge difference, helping the paper stand out and giving more attention to the photo area. Then, I matted the photos using white cardstock and a salmon polka dot paper that enhances the photos and helps them capture the viewer's attention.

After that comes the fun part: embellishing the layout. For that, I added two small strips of paper on top of the photos, one navy and one yellow, also cut diagonally on the edges. This was made to continue with the stripes designs and colors used, giving balance to the layout. I stitched between them using a zig zag design.

For the title, I used an old pack of American Crafts Thickers called Hope and Dream. They are made of foam and the navy blue color works perfect with the layout adding a nice touch of glitter to the page. The imagination word is from the stickers book, I added it to add more attention to the title by adding another color and font in the area. 

For the clouds I used one that is a sticker and traced it on a sheet of the blue paper, then fuzzy cut and added them with foam adhesive to the page. The Sun is a chipboard and some of the butterflies are stickers and one is a chipboard. To continue with the blue navy color, I used dots and hearts from the Thicker in the area with the Sun and near the left photo. To create the tab, I used a die from Elle's Studio and added a sticker word to it. 

Then, I added the chipboard rainbow and the sticker unicorn in between the photos. For the unicorn I used foam adhesive, then added the chipboard word stickers to the photos and a few dots using Nuvo Drops in Simply White, Dandelion Yellow, and Bubblegum Blush. The yellow crown is a sticker added with foam adhesive. 


Thanks for your visit and for staying with me during this post. I hope my work inspires you to craft!



No comments