#Smile Layout with Process Video

 Hi!

In December 2020 I made a cute mini album using the Winter collection Cold Days by Miss Kate Designs. While making it, I created an envelope but it doesn't fit in the album so I saved it for a future project. This week, while searching in my stash for Miss Kate Designs products I found the envelope and it was the starting point for this layout. Stay with me in this post to learn how I made this layout and check the process video at the end.


Since I had the envelope ready, I didn't record the process of making it, but it was made using the We R Memory Keepers envelope board. The inside part of the envelope was not blue, it had snowmen all over it so I repurposed it using a blue plaid paper to cover it. After that, I started designing the layout using the envelope as a pocket for the journaling.
I tried different patterned papers for the background and other colors of cardstock but I ended again with the white background. I promise, I'm trying to change it but it's my favorite because it enhances the flowers, photos, and embellishments in the page. To help the envelope be seen in the layout, I decided to only use a strip of paper in the bottom of the page, in the same blue to help it stand out. I matted the photos in a pink paper from the collection and used a 4" x 6" card to mat the journaling that was printed using Word.
I didn't want a square and straight layout, which is why the envelope is tilted to the left and the photos are tilted too. Once they were positioned, I started embellishing the layout with the gnomes that were printed from Miss Kate digital store and cut as die cuts with a white border.
Then, it was time to embellish the layout with the flowers. I used flowers because they always look great in girly layouts and since this was a Winter collection all the embellishments were snow related so I created mine using the papers from the collection and some dies from Sizzix. You can see in the video that I cut a lot of different flowers, then, I layered them to create the flowers.
Once I finished layering the flowers and positioning them, I added them with foam adhesive and added the green leaves and a few tiny flowers. After that, I added gold paint splatters using Shimmerz Miner, Miner 49er. Then, I was adding the title when the camera ran out of battery and I couldn't record the last details.
The missing details on the video are things that you can see in others video I have in my YouTube channel like adding the half pearls to the center of the flowers using a tweezer and liquid glue, as well as a few sequins. To finish the layout, I added Nuvo Drops in Honey Gold, Red Sunstone, and Calming Aqua.
That's all for the layout, now, I invite you to watch the process video for this layout here:

Thanks for your visit, I hope you enjoy and like this layout and it inspires you to craft. Come back soon for more inspiration, right now I'm working on a new layout.



No comments