Little Moments Layout with Process Video

 Hi!

Hope you are having a wonderful day! Today I'm here to share with you a new layout and process video. As you may already know, I'm a fan of Cocoa Vanilla products. Since their new summer collection is on the way (the post office might deliver it today) I decided to use their previous collection, Daydream, to create this beautiful layout for my daughter.  Stay with me through this post to learn all the details of how I made it and see the process video at the end.

In February we took a weekend to stay at Hacienda Juanita in Maricao. It was a great experience, to recharge after a year of so much stress and no travels. One of the days, we drove around the area to see some nice places and went to a river to let the girls soak their feet and hands in the cold water. The nice part was finding the same river we went to a few years ago and taking the photo used in the layout, which mimics a similar photo we took of her maybe in 2009 or 2010. I need to search the photos to find the previous one and maybe create a layout with both photos.


This layout is full of layers, I love adding them to my pages because it makes them prettier and captures the viewers attention. To create this layout, I used a sketch by Page Maps for A Cherry On Top challenge 215. Since the sketch has a circular background, I decided to use a cut file by Paige Evans. You can find her cut files in her Etsy shop or in the Silhouette Store.





I cut the file using American Crafts white textured cardstock. The file was designed to stay in the cardstock, but I removed it from the cardstock using a scissor, you can see how I did it in the video at the end.


After that, I matted the photo using a piece of patterned paper that looks like is was painted with mixed media. I tore the bottom edge for more texture and used the scrap, fixed the edge, and placed it under the edge of the photo mat . Then, I used a peach paper with hearts to create a bigger mat around the photo. I distressed all the edges of the papers to give them more texture and interest.


I placed a yellow lace edge I had from a previous layout under the picture, as suggested by the sketch. Then, I fuzzy cut a heart border from one of the papers and used it behind the photo and on top of the cut file.


Now, the fun part: adding the flowers to the corners to embellish the layout. I used the flowers I fuzzy cut from one of the papers when I purchased the collection. I love having things ready, which is why, when I purchase a collection and it has elements that can be fuzzy cut like flowers and butterflies, I cut them and have them ready for when I use the collection. This is something I do while watching TV or homeschooling my toddler.


I added the flowers using foam adhesive for more dimension. I also added tiny flowers, sequins, and Nuvo Drops in Simply White, Wedgewood Blue, Neptune Turquoise, and Bubblegum Blush. Another texture and element added was the puffy heart from the collection. 


Then, I added paint splatters to the flower clusters using Shimmerz Miner, Miner 49er. I repeated the same embellishments in both corners.


In the upper corner, I added a flair button with a cute rainbow. For both clusters and the journaling area, I added moths from the die cuts pack.


The title was made using alphas from American Crafts Thickers Loving Life for the "Moments" word and from Pinkfresh Studio Mini Puffy Alphas from Let's Stay Home for the "Little" word.


The banners on the top left corner in in the photo are from the die cuts pack. To make the layout more interesting, I added two stripes of paper to the top and bottom of the layout, then machine stitched around the layout using white thread. Something I forgot to mention before, the white cut file was added to the layout using liquid adhesive in the center area, but behind the petals that had not embellishment on top, I added a square of foam adhesive. This way, the petals will always be bend. 

 
The journaling was printed in vellum to make it more subtle, letting the cuts from the cut file to be seen through it.


Here is the process video of this layout. Take a look at it, and don't forget to like it and subscribe to my channel for more inspiration.



Thanks for visiting my blog, I enjoy reading your comments. If you have any questions, please let me know and I will respond as quickly as I can! Have a great day and come back soon for more projects!





No comments