Hope Layout with Process Video

 Hi!

Hope you are having a wonderful day! I'm at home having some rest after hurting my feet and I think the medicines are not helping me sleep well, so I woke up at 4:00 am and couldn't go back to sleep. But, I enjoy the tranquility, it helps me get inspire, so I went to my crafting table and design this layout. What inspire me for this one, were the photos of my daughter the day before the Three Kings. This is a tradition that we celebrate in Puerto Rico and it consist on the kids picking grass for the camels and leaving it under their bed with water, then in the morning they will find gifts from the Wise Man. It is a beautiful tradition and I always photograph my daughters to document this special day, as well as all Christmas. Stay with me during this post to see detail photos, all the info about this layout and a quick process video at the end.

For this layout I used the gorgeous Cocoa Vanilla Studio Merry & Bright collection. I bought it a few months ago but this is the second time I used it. As I mentioned in previous posts, I'm a fan of Cocoa Vanilla Studio. I love their products, the colors, the designs and the variety of embellishments in their collections is always wonderful. Now, back to the layout. Since my daughter was wearing a coral dress, the colors in this collection works perfect, so let's start. 


As the base for this layout, I used a stars paper from the collection but created a border around it using stripes of paper matched in the corners to maintain the patter as best as possible so it looks like a frame and not as stripes. Then, I worked with the papers behind the photos. I used a piece of peach paper, tiny florals and green gingham. I tore the bottom edge of the three papers and distress them a little bit with the edge scrapper. After that, I used white crochet thread to make a bow. The photos were matted using a mint paper, to give them a contrast color and help them stand out.



The title is from the Silhouette store. I cut it on December and it was waiting for me. This time, I just backed the "O" with the manger using vellum and added foam adhesive to the back of the cut file to adhere it to the page with dimension.



Once the photos and title were ready, I started embellishing the layout using die cuts and cut outs from the collection. I used foam adhesive in some of them for dimension and interest. Two words stickers were added in the corner of the big photo using liquid adhesive. I don't know why, but many times I have problems with cardstock stickers, you can see in the video how the top layer was separated from the bottom layer and I had to fix them. Maybe this happens because the weather here is very hot and humid but I'm not sure, anyways, they can be fixed and I was able to use them.


The last details were not recorded in the video. I stitched around the border using a zig-zag design and added a few Nuvo Drops on top of the flowers. The colors used are Cloud 9 and Earl Grey.


Now, the process video, I invite you to watch it, maybe you can learn something from me, or get some ideas, who knows.


Thanks for visiting my blog and staying with me to the end. I hope you like this layout and it inspire you to craft. I'll be back soon with more inspiration. Right now I'm planning a new layout and a mini album, let's see which one comes first.



 

No comments