Magical Moments Layout

 Hi!

Hope you are having a wonderful day! I'm back at the blog today with a new layout. This time, I'm sharing a layout I made for my baby girl using Echo Park Papers Little Dreamer Girl collection. I love the colors in this collection, they are happy but not bright, and the designs are perfect for girly projects. Since my baby loves rainbows and unicorns, this collection is perfect for her pages. 

First, let me tell you this layout was inspired by a Page Maps sketch for A Cherry On Top Challenge 217. I found this sketch so cute that I decided to use it, with some modifications. The first thing I did was change it from one to two photos. Then, I replaced the owls with unicorns and a rainbow. 


Once I had the photos, I chose the papers and decided to use a solid, navy paper from the collection as the background, to change from the white I usually use. I cut the white paper with hearts to 8" x 8" but since it was going to be covered by the yellow paper, I made a frame with it to save the inside part of the paper for another project. The yellow paper was cut to 7 1/2" x 7 1/2" and centered on top of the white paper. The blue paper with clouds and unicorns was cut to 8 1/2" x 4".

After that, I selected the salmon paper to cut a strip and used a We R Memory Keepers punch for the border that is 7 1/4" long. To enhance the photos, I matted them in white cardstock and another solid paper from the collection. This will help them stand out and be the focus of the layout. 


After all that, the fun part begins: adding the title, the journaling, and embellishing the page. For the title, I made a tag using a piece of a green paper from the collection, reinforced it with a piece of blue paper, and made a double bow using white crochet thread. The "Magical Moments" is a die cut, I matted it with pink paper, then added them to the green tag, placing it a little bit behind the photos. The cute bow is from another Echo Park Paper collection named Rock-A-Bye Baby Girl. I removed the clip from the bow and added it to the top of peach paper with stars. To break the straight-line pattern around the page, I used a corner rounder in the peach paper. This small detail will add interest in this paper, the title and the journaling. 


The unicorns, rainbow, sun, clouds, tiny circles, and words are all part of the collection. Some are stickers from the 12" x 12" sheet or the sticker book, die cuts, puffy stickers, and chipboards. Since I didn't like how the sun looked, I fuzzy cut around it leaving a tiny white border. I think it looks better this way. 


To add dimension and interest to the page, I used foam adhesive in some of the embellishments, and painted the edges of the papers using a light brown ink. 


The last details added were white paint splatters using acrylic paint diluted in water, and making a double line frame around the layout using a white gel pen.


I had lots of fun making this layout and love how it turned out. I hope you like it and are inspire to craft. Thanks for your visit, I'll be back soon!









No comments