Colorful Art Layout

Hi!

My youngest daughter is very crafty and she enjoys painting with lots of colors and making splatters. She learned that from me, and since the first moment she saw me doing splatters her eyes opened wide and she wanted to try it. Now, every time she is painting, she adds paint splatters to everything, including school work. This is why I made this layout for her, to document her love for painting and splatters. 

This layout gave me a hard time because I wanted to use the splatters paper but it is so colorful and the photos have so many colors as well, including burgundy which is not in the collection palette, that I couldn't figure out how to make the photos and the story be the focus. Anyways, after trying different arrangements and backgrounds, I managed to work with them and this is the result. 

The collection used for this layout is Cute & Crafty by Doodlebug Designs. This collection is very bright and colorful, has a lot of embellishments, and works with many themes. I love it! But let's talk about this layout. I started by cutting the splatter paper to use it in the middle section of the layout. Then, I matted the photos in white cardstock and a pink paper from the coordinating solids. Using the same pink paper, I cut two strips of paper and added them above and below the splatter paper. 

I tried different backgrounds but ended using a white cardstock. I didn't really like it, so I decided to use a Vicki Boutin stencil and Distress Oxide in Kitsch Flamingo to alter the white background and help it blend better with the bright pink border used. To continue with the splatters theme and to add more interest, I added gold splatters to the stenciling. Then, I added two stickers borders from the 12" x 12" sheet and a journaling card from one of the papers. 

To embellish this layout, I used the puffy hearts, die cuts, and stickers from the collection, creating three clusters around the page. In many of the die cuts, I used foam adhesive to add dimension to the layout.  

For the title, I mixed a die cut from the collection and white Thickers from American Crafts. Also, I added a banner from the die cuts, brushes, sticker paint splatters, and hearts. Finally, I machine stitched around the layout using mint thread and stamped the date using an American Crafts stamp.

This is all for this layout. I hope you enjoy, like it, and feel inspired to craft! Thanks for your visit and for staying with me. I'll be back soon with a new layout.



No comments