Hello Beautiful Layout

 Hi!

Hope you are having a wonderful day! I've been doing house chores, but now I'm taking some time to share this layout I made using week 8 sketch from Allison Davis class of layouts using 6" x 6" paper pads. Since this is a paid class I can't share her sketch, but I can share my interpretation of it and explain how I made my layout, this way you can see how different it is from the original sketch. I invite you to stay with me during this post and enjoy the process. Maybe you will be inspired and/or learn something new.

For this layout I used a 6" x 8" paper pad from Simple Stories Domestic Bliss collection. This collection has many beautiful designs and the colors are amazing, but it is a domestic collection, which means the embellishments were all related to home stuff like vacuums, laundry, etc. But, I decided to use them and look in my stash for embellishments that work with them.

After searching, I found the embellishments from Apron String collection by Simple Stories works great with those papers, so I used three floral chipboards instead of the suggested hearts in the original sketch. You can see I used small florals to maintain the quilt design and let the photos be the center of attention.


Now let's start talking about the sketch. For this layout I followed the sketch to a T, using the same amount and position of 1 1/2" squares, the two photos suggested, and maintaining the position of the embellishments and journaling.

I distressed the edges of the papers a bit and arranged them in the white cardstock. Then, I machine stitched them using a pink thread. The sketch suggested to hand stitch them, but for this layout I preferred thinner and straighter lines, in order to make the design more elegant. Then, I added two thin strips of paper to the top and bottom edges of the page as suggested by the sketch.


In the previous photo you can see the stitching and the distressed edges of the papers. Since this is a busy layout with all the colors and different patterned papers, I used a gold foam title from Simple Stories I Am 2 collection. This adds dimension to the layout and the gold makes it look elegant, working perfectly with my daughter's photos.


To embellish the layout, I added some chipboard flowers as mentioned before. The chipboards add dimension and texture to the layout. Then, I added a few hearts from the collection's sticker sheet and the tiny hearts were fussy cut from one of the papers. After that, I added a little bit of glossy accent to them, so they looks like enamel hearts. This adds interest to them and adds another texture to the layout.


To balance the layout, I added a few gold hearts from the title pack near the clusters and some words stickers from the Simple Stories Good Vibes collection sticker book.  For dimension, I used foam adhesive in the medium hearts and in the words stickers too. As you can see, it is an easy layout with no mixed media at all, but I love how elegant it turned out and how the photos of my daughter stand out.


Thanks for visiting my blog and for staying with me during this post. I hope you like this layout as much as I do and it inspires you to craft!



No comments